Chapter 8 - Magic Planning

Jane's POV

"Jane you should have consulted me first before you decide to go off planning your little party this isn't Hawkins" Professor Dumbledore said with frustration.

"It wasn't planned I promise it was out of the blue kind of thing" I said dumping myself in his office chair.

Professor Dumbledore levitated me off his chair by pointing his wand at me and soon I was floating in the air and was gently placed down on the couch in the centre of the room.

"You're mad at me aren't you?" I asked as I began to fold my arms, something I've been doing so much ever since I got here.

"Yes a little furious which isn't something you see everyday. Jane I need you to be careful by putting yourself out like that, Voldermort will be suspicious of you now"

"Look I'm sorry, but honestly your students aren't so fond of each other and I mean "status" or "house" wise if you know what I mean" I said kicking my feet up the couch.

He sighed and nodded at where my legs were placed on the couch signalling for me to move them so he could sit down.

"It has been like this for centuries, ever since the founders of Hogwarts first esup established the houses. It was just a wizarding school for pure-bloods, but all of that changed when the population dropped and so pure-bloods began to mate with muggles and like that half-bloods were born. Some agreed for this to happen while others didn't. Just like the houses here at Hogwarts, in terms of  reputation and status where Gryffindor's may not get along with Slytherin's, Ravenclaw's are above Hufflepuff's whilst Hufflepuffs despise Slytherin's and so forth. However, I am trying to change that but as of right now people think the war is over and the only people who know is you, Harry and Dobby. The other professors are suspicious and aware, but that's about it really" he said at last.

"Well you're doing one heck of a job aren't you Professor?" I mumbled sarcastically. 

He glared at me in response.

"Besides this party or get together will not only help students from different houses to interact but it will help me to track down the "mysterious possessed wizard" I air quoted with two hands "my powers have increased ever since I learned magic and so with everyone in the same room I can ... You know strut my stuff"

"Even if that were the case it's too much of a risk ..."

"When are there never risks? You'll be there and the other professors too ... Outside guarding the premise that is" I said getting up "plus I already told the whole school and I'm pretty sure the dark Lord is somewhere out there thinking of some way to crash the party which we can catch him in the act so technically if you say no, you're saying no to using this as an alternative to capture the dark Lord" I said getting up and raising my eyebrow at him.

"If I do" He began slowly

"You will" I interrupted

He continued "If I DO" putting emphasis onto those last two words "agree to this it will only be so that you can track down the dark Lord, that is your mission. No getting side tracked, no going off with your friends during this get together and NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS. You stay in the hall which is where this party of get together will occur" He firmly declared.

"YES!!! It's a done deal" I said raising both my hands in the air in victory.

"Oh and Jane"

"Yeah?"

"Talk to me first before you plan something that goes public. Understood?" He having me a warning glare.

I rolled my eyes at him "Yes grandpa, I'll talk to you first about anything before you start running after me again ... or tried to" I mumbled those last words and snorted.