5

Donghyuck woke up a few minutes before his alarm went off. He groaned and turned his back to the offensive numbers and stupidly bright alarm clock, trying to get back to sleep for the remaining minutes.

Of course it was a futile attempt, because as soon as he was finally starting to slip back into unconsciousness, the annoying device blared its wake-up call and made Donghyuck groan in defiance.

He slapped the offending electronic off into the floor, muttering a curse when the fall didn't shut it up. He hung half of his body over the edge of his bed and grabbed the alarm clock to turn it off.

Donghyuck eventually got out of bed and got dressed, deciding to wear his most comfortable pieces of clothing because he would be sitting in one room for the day and he didn't care what he wore when no one was going to really see him today.

Renjun met him at the corner of the street and they walked together, just like they did every morning and afternoon. Renjun talked about the upcoming competition he had to go to.

Donghyuck tried to listen intently, but Renjun was talking about stuff that Donghyuck didn't even understand, so he just nodded his head or hummed in agreement when it seemed appropriate.

When they got to the school they split ways, Renjun was the treasurer for the student committee and had a meeting to go to before first period.

Donghyuck made his way to the In-school suspension room, albeit very slowly because he was not looking forward to being overloaded with work and being stuck in a cubicle.

Donghyuck made it to the room and gave the teacher his name, which made the teacher pull out a packet of work for his classes and hand them to him.

He was directed to a neon, green cubicle in the back of the room and told that he was not allowed to play on his phone, talk to other students, or sleep.

The day dragged on for what seemed like forever. Jeno had made it right before the bell rang for classes to start and luckily he was sat on the other side of the room.

Donghyuck dove into his work when staring at the cubicle wall became extremely boring. He hated that teachers gave students extra work on top of the assignments he had to already do outside of ISS.

Donghyuck got maybe halfway done with the assignments before the last bell of the day rang. He began to gather everything up and waited for everyone else to leave so that he could avoid Jeno as much as possible. He gave the teacher a nod before he headed out the door to freedom.

~

Mark didn't know why he decided to wait outside the in-school suspension room. Somehow his feet just decided to start moving and brought him straight to the room after the last bell rang.

He leaned up against the wall as he watched the teens file out of the room, all of them with a look of relief on their face.

He hadn't seen Donghyuck come out and almost decided to go inside the room to make sure the boy had shown up, but he didn't even get to move a couple of inches before a startled eyes met his.

"H-hello, Mr.Lee" Donghyuck stammered as he came to halt right outside the door.

Mark reached behind the boy and pulled the door to, slightly brushing up against the teen before pulling back and looking up at Donghyuck.

"Hello, Donghyuck. I just wanted to stop by and check to make sure your eye is healing properly"

He watched as Donghyuck visibly swallowed while a blush formed on his cheeks. Mark just couldn't handle how much he enjoyed making Donghyuck flustered. It was entertaining and, he hated to admit it, impossibly cute.

"Let's go to my office and I'll have a look at" Mark turned his back to the boy and waved his hand to signal the teen to follow him.

Once they got to his office, he ushered Donghyuck in and directed him to sit down on the bed. He left the boy there so he could go and slip on some latex gloves.

He came back to a fidgety Donghyuck and tried his hardest not to smirk as he stepped up to the other to inspect his eye.

Mark examined it carefully and concluded that it was healing nicely and would be fine soon enough. Before he could pull back he made the mistake of looking into Donghyuck's good eyes, which was fixed intently on him.

When Mark told Johnny that someone could drown in eyes, he wasn't kidding. Mark got caught in the wave and he was being dragged into Donghyuck's eyes.

Before he knew it, his lips were pressed up against the boy's and even more surprising, Donghyuck was returning the kiss. His lips were so soft and the kiss was nothing but sweet.

Mark could have sworn he was dreaming all of this, but he realized he wasn't and he quickly pulled away in panic.

Donghyuck's eyes were closed and when Mark pulled away, he opened it slowly as if he was in a daze. He probably saw Mark's panic in his eyes which made Donghyuck widen his own.

"Ah shit. I shouldn't have done that. You need to leave. Go" Mark was turning his back to Donghyuck as he pointed to the door.

Donghyuck hadn't moved though and Mark almost wanted to tear his hair off.

"Mr.Lee, why-"

Mark heard Donghyuck get up off the bed and before the teen could continue his sentence or come any closer, Mark cut him off.

"I'm sorry, Donghyuck, but you need to leave right now" Mark's voice was unnaturally shaky, but luckily it sounded firm enough that Donghyuck got the clue and took his leave.

Mark sank into the chair next to his desk and leaned over his knees with his elbows on top of them and his head in his hands. He tugged at his hair in frustration and anger.

He sat there for a good thirty minutes just mentally thrashing himself before he looked up with his chin resting on his palms and his fingers splayed over his mouth.

"Fuck. I'm so fucked. I just fucked everything up"