10

Donghyuck locked the apartment door behind him while Serim and Renjun waited in the parking lot.

He met them on the sidewalk and they began their trek to the closest bowling alley which was about a fifteen minute walk from the apartment complex.

Serim and Renjun were chatting about school while Donghyuck just stuffed his hands in his pockets and idly listened. 

Serim worked yesterday, so Donghyuck called Renjun up last night to make plans for today.

They decided to go bowling with the little extra money they did have. Donghyuck was pretty excited to be able to spend time with both of them outside of the apartment, because they hadn't gone out in a long time.

"Donghyuck? Donghyuck!" Serim called out to him, breaking him out of his thoughts.

"Sorry, sis. What's up?" Donghyuck sped up to close the distance between them. 

"I was asking how many games you want to play. We don't have much money, but we have enough for a couple of games" she glanced to the side at him to make sure he was still paying attention.

"I guess two games will be fine, right?"

Renjun and Serim agreed with him and they continued their walk with chit-chat.

Donghyuck went back to spacing out, occasionally making the appropriate sound to anything directed towards him.

Ever since friday, Donghyuck couldn't seem to focus on anything but the school nurse. He would try to distract himself with homework or tv, but he would always end up thinking about Mr.Lee.

The way he spoke, the way he moved, the way his eyes would get that dangerous glint to them, and his interesting choice in humor.

Donghyuck couldn't stop thinking about the older male and it was driving him insane. Why was it so hard to not think about that guy?

The trio huddled together against the cold wind, Renjun cursing winter while they walked.

The area didn't normally get snow, but it wasn't adverse to cold rain and strong winds. Donghyuck actually enjoyed the cold and always looked forward to winter break, so that he could go on long walks in it.

For some weird reason, he always found it exhilarating. Not to mention the promise of hot chocolate with marshmallows when he would finally get back to the apartment.

They finally reached their destination and hurried into the warm building. They walked up to the front counter while stripping off scarfs, gloves, and jackets.

A familiar face greeted them from behind the counter. Jiwon smiled brightly at them with a small wave before leaning up against the counter so that she could hear them over the noise.

"Hey, guys! What can I do for you?" her cheerful demeanor could almost cure frostbite it was so warm and welcoming.

Serim stepped forward first and greeted her, "Hi, Jiwon. How are you? We're thinking of playing two games"

"I'm great! Thanks for asking. Well, how about you pay for one game and if you decide to play a second one, just come back to this counter. Does that work?"

"Yeah, that's perfect. Well, I need a size seven. These two," she gestured to Renjun and Donghyuck, "Need a size eight and nine"

Donghyuck grumbled about being able to ask for his own bowling shoes, but Serim smacked the back of his head lightly causing Jiwon to laugh. After retrieving the shoes for them, Jiwon totaled everything up.

"That'll be 93000won. You'll be on lane eight"

Serim paid the total and they headed to their lane with their shoes in hand. It took them a few minutes to decide who was going to go first, but eventually it was decided that Renjun would go first, then Serim and Donghyuck.