7

A few days after the Halloween party, Donghyuck and Renjun decided to hangout while Serim was at work.

They settled down on Donghyuck’s couch and argued over which movie to watch first before they both agreed on Happy Death Day.

Donghyuck put the bowl of popcorn between them and slouched into the couch while the movie started up. Renjun was curled up, with his knees to his chest and arms wrapped around his legs.

This was how every movie night was, except Serim was usually in the middle of them and would hold the popcorn in her lap.

Donghyuck was really beginning to miss his sister, because it seemed all she did was work but he knew that it was necessary so that they could keep their apartment.

"Hey, Donghyuck"

Renjun's quiet voice drew Donghyuck's attention away from the movie, because Renjun was never quiet around him, especially not when they were alone.

He saw that Renjun was fidgeting slightly, picking at his fingernails. This was one of Renjun's ticks whenever he had something he really wanted to say, but was too nervous to say it.

"Yeah, what's up?" Donghyuck turned his body towards Renjun, so that he could show his friend that he was listening.

"O-oh nothing. It's nothing" Renjun gave him a timid smile, before acting like he was focused on the movie.

Donghyuck immediately knew something was bothering Renjun, so he paused the movie and continued to face his friend.

"Something's wrong. Tell me. You know you can trust me"

Renjun looked away, clasping his hands in nervousness, before he took in a deep breath and faced Donghyuck.

"I'm gay and I like Jeno"

Donghyuck blinked a few times then let out a low chuckle that evolved to loud laughter. He was wheezing before he began to wipe the tears from his eyes and look at the bewildered and upset Renjun.

"Oh my god, I thought you were going to tell me something like you're dying. Oh man. Renjun, I've known you were gay since like the beginning of time. Though, I'm really surprised you like Jeno. I'm so sorry for laughing like that. It was just not what I was expecting at all"

Renjun sniffled a little, wiping at the tears that were escaping with the sleeve of his shirt before punching Donghyuck in the arm,

"You asshole. I thought you were laughing at me for being gay. What do you mean you knew already? And I already know you don't get along with Jeno, so I was afraid you'd be mad"

Donghyuck winced and rubbed at his arm, "Ow. I said I was sorry. I just couldn't stop laughing. I'm your childhood friend, how could I not know? You know I love you, so it doesn't bother me in the least. You could permanently dye your skin purple and I'd still love you, dude. Yeah, I don't like Jeno but if you're happy, I'm happy"

Renjun began to cry and furiously wipe at the tears with his shirt, "I thought you would find it creepy or gross, so I didn't say anything before"

Donghyuck chuckled and brought his friend into a tight hug, "Do you think I'm that big of an asshole? Come on, give me some credit"

Renjun pulled away and grinned at him before curling back up into his normal position,

"You can be a dick sometimes, but you're right. I should've trusted you more. You've never given me a reason to doubt our friendship"

Donghyuck smiled and settled back into his spot, placing his feet on the coffee table before gesturing with the remote.

"Well, now that we've got that out of the way. Even though I'm still baffled that you like Jeno, do you want to continue the movie?"

Renjun laughed lightly and nodded his head. Donghyuck pressed play and they both began to watch the movie once again.

Well, Donghyuck tried to watch the movie. He began to think about his own personal stress that has been piling up with unanswered questions. 

Even though he knew Renjun was gay, he wondered if Renjun and Serim knew he was too.

Donghyuck never made a big deal about his sexuality and it's not like he said anything to point to it. Oh well, he'll address that when the time comes.

No, what he was worried about was what happened a couple of weeks ago between him and a certain school nurse.

He didn't understand why Mr.Lee kissed him or why he was forced to leave immediately after.

He wanted answers, but he was being avoided and that pissed Donghyuck off more than anything.

Donghyuck absolutely despised putting off fixing a problem and the nurse was making it harder to address it.

He thought about just waltzing into the office and asking Mr.Lee right out, but he didn't want to cause a scene during school.

Despite all the jokes about Donghyuck's intelligence, he knew that Mr.Lee would be fired for kissing a student and that was not what Donghyuck was aiming for.

"Maybe…" Donghyuck accidently spoke out loud as he was trying to think of a plan.

Renjun looked at him curiously, "Maybe what?"

"Oh, nothing. Thinking aloud about if I have enough shampoo to last till next week"

Donghyuck pretended to go back to watching the movie before Renjun had a chance to pry, because he knew how bad of a liar he is.

He sighed quietly and finally came to a decision. He was just going to have to do what he needs to do in order to make things right. All that he was worried about now was how the nurse would react tomorrow.