6

Donghyuck slid into his desk for the first class of the day, an English class that he shared with Renjun.

Speaking of Renjun, he saw that Renjun was anxiously waiting for him to sit down to the point that he was almost bouncing in his seat.

"Donghyuck!"

Donghyuck widened his eyes at his friend's obvious excitement.

"What's up, Renjun? Are you okay?"

"Of course. I've got a question for you, though. Well, more like a request"

Donghyuck got comfortable in his desk before he spoke again, "Sure, what's up?"

Donghyuck wasn't sure if he was going to like this request, but he was going to give his friend a chance.

"Well, Jeno invited me to a Halloween party he's throwing at his house. His parents aren't going to be in town for the weekend, so he decided to throw a big party and invite lots of people. Now, I know you and Jeno don't get along normally, but I asked him if you and Serim could come and he said he didn't care. So, do you want to go to the party with me? I already asked Serim and she said that she'd only go if you went"

Renjun inhaled deeply, trying to catch his breath, because he knew if he hadn't said it in all one go, Donghyuck would've flat out refused.

Donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows at the mention of Jeno and then frowned when Renjun said Serim would go.

Donghyuck really didn't hate Jeno, but the guy got on his last damn nerve. However, this Halloween party would be a great way for Donghyuck to relax and get out of the apartment.

He had been stuck by himself more often than not, because Serim had been working a lot. Most of the time, he was thinking about what happened a couple of weeks ago and why it happened, but he tried to occupy his thoughts with other things so he didn't go crazy.

He hadn't seen Mr.Lee since then, but either the nurse was avoiding him entirely or he had quit.

Despite knowing that, Donghyuck didn't feel any better because that meant Mr.Lee was avoiding him at all costs. He didn't know why that hurt so badly, but he knew that he needed something to distract his mind from it all.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go"

Renjun looked relieved and gave Donghyuck a big grin,

"But you've got to promise me, that you won't start anything with Jeno. He said you could come as long as you didn't cause a scene"

Donghyuck scuffed at that, "He's the one who usually starts it!"

Their conversation got cut short by the bell that announced the beginning of class. Donghyuck turned to face the front, but instead of actually paying attention, his thoughts were consumed by Halloween costume ideas and a certain nurse who kissed him.

~

The day of the party came up pretty quickly. Donghyuck and Serim went home together after school to get ready for the party, Renjun leaving them to go to his house to do the same.

Seeing as they were dirt poor, they just bought the generic, cheap costumes.

Donghyuck decided to go as a vampire, while Serim was going as Cleopatra. They both were ready when Renjun knocked on the apartment door in his Headless Horseman costume and told them that his grandpa let him borrow the car.

One fact about the trio was that Serim and Renjun already had their license, while Donghyuck was lagging behind. He just didn't have the patience to learn how to drive, especially when Serim was trying to teach him.