14

Serim almost became annoying with her incessant worrying as two days passed by without Donghyuck going to school.

He had gotten away with the first day, because he really was sick. The second day was a whole different story, though.

She figured out that Donghyuck was skipping and she kept asking him what was wrong, but he wouldn't budge.

He wasn't about to tell her that he got rejected while he was half delirious with fever and he sure as hell wasn't going to tell her that it was by the school nurse.

The third day rolled around and Donghyuck realized that he needed to go back to school.

He was already a little behind in his Chemistry class, because he kept skipping it in order to watch a certain older male. That being said, he needed to confront Mark.

After two days of thinking back on Mark's words, Donghyuck knew that Mark was right. Donghyuck was under the age of consent and he was also a student in Mark's place of work.

That's two things going against them and when Donghyuck calmed down enough to think rationally, he knew that Mark was being perfectly reasonable.

Though, he should've been a bit nicer about it.

Despite knowing that Mark made the rational decision, Donghyuck couldn't settle for that. So Donghyuck decided to get up extra early in order to get to school in plenty of time before first period started.

Donghyuck was hoping that, with Mark's meticulous nature, the nurse would be there early to make sure everything was as he had left it.

If Donghyuck could have just ten minutes of the man's time, then maybe he could clear some things up and maybe even change his mind.

Shouldering his backpack, he headed out the door. Serim called out to him, but he ignored her question and jogged out to the street before she could catch up.

The sky was still a little dark despite the time and Donghyuck almost wished he could enjoy this darkness all the time. It wasn't so dark that he couldn't see, but it wasn't so bright that it blinded him.

When he made it to the school, he detoured to look into the employee's parking lot. The shiny black car was sitting plain as day in the same spot it's always parked in.

The assurance that Mark was indeed at the school already made Donghyuck quicken his pace. The sooner he got to the nurse's office, the longer he had to talk to Mark.

As he was nearing the wooden door, his pace slowed down considerably. He didn't know how Mark would react and he was scared that Mark wouldn't hear him out.

Donghyuck's heart was pounding in his chest and his stomach was twisting into knots from the anxiety to the point that he was worried he would be sick right in the middle of the hallway. Thankfully there was no one around to see his mini panic attack.

Donghyuck stopped in his tracks and closed his eyes in order to get his thoughts under control.

He inhaled deeply through his nose before exhaling slowly through his mouth. He used to have panic attacks daily after his mother passed away and had to go to a therapist once a week to work through the grief.

Donghyuck took in another deep breath before knocking on the door to the nurse's office.

A muffled "come in" reached his ears and he took one last calming breath before opening the door tentatively.

He saw Mark as soon as he opened the door and he silently sent thanks to whatever higher power that was out there that Mark was sitting at his desk with his back to the door.