Training

Chapter 15

Mateo POV

It was a few days after Brynn got her powers. Me, Hunter and Brinley where running her training since she didn't want mom or dad to do it. She has had a lot of control of her powers. I kind of feel bad because once in a while i'll see mom or dad over shadowing the training.

"Brynn watch your right." I told her. We were working on hand on hand combat. We were having a one on one training session since Brinley wanted to work on some work. Nerd I know right

"You know hopefully I'll never have to put this to use. I like being in the lab." She said while punching the punching bag.

"Yeah but it's always good to learn how to defend yourself." I told her. "It's much more fun when you get to spare. Brinley needs a sparing partner Hunter and I don't want to hurt her." I said and she laughed.

"You know I thought you get stronger when you turn." She said.

"What is this vampire diaries. No you work for your strengths." I told her and then dad walked in.

"Do you mind if I take over?" He asked.

"Not at all." I said and gave him the gloves.

"Go do your school work." He said and I groaned.

Lincoln POV

"Alright let's see what you got?" I said and she started punching. I put the gloves down and took them off. "Don't tuck your thumb into your fist you can break them like that." I said re adjusting her hands. "Alright let's go again."

"Why did you lie?" She asked.

"huh?"

"Why did you lie about me getting my powers?" She said more clearly.

"Because I was just like you when I was younger. Focused on all the science of things and when I got my powers I thought I was crazy like something was wrong with me. So when you turned and nothing happened immediately I was relived thought maybe your powers was that you had fast healing or something." I told her. "In my mind what someone knows won't kill them." I said

"Well it will kill others though." She said.

"You wouldn't have killed anyone." I told her.

"I could have messed up the planes flight powers opened all the door in here then Ward would get out again and hurt you all. Those are all life threatening scenarios." She said.

"Well we have all faced death straight in the face and still survived. We would have found a way we always have." I told her. "I'm sorry we lied to you. We genuinely thought we were protecting you." I said and she hugged me.

"I forgive you." She said and I picked her up.

"Thank god I don't know how much longer I can handle my little girl being mad at me." I said and kissed her all over. "Now go find mom and tell her ou love her."