Cataclysm

I instantly knew what was happening, if Kurogiri was here, that meant he was also here. When I fell onto the ground, I immediately look around, trying to figure out where I am. "I'm still in the same forest... that's good". Looking up, I see trees burning in a blue flame. "Okay, I'm not far from where I was originally". I need to get back to them, I need to get him back. Standing up, I was about to head towards the flaming trees when a chuckle stopped me in my tracks. 

Claps were heard all around me. "What a show you put up, you certainly grew from the last time I saw you". He stepped out of the shadows, and stopped a few feet away from me. "Those bruises you have there, my, my, my, aren't they the perfect color". He grins as he points at my neck. Narrowing my eyes at him, I take a step back. "Let me go, I need to go back". He starts laughing again. "What's so funny?" I growl out the words. He wipes the nonexistent tears from his eyes. "Oh nothing, it's just, you seem to really want to save that boy". He grins an innocent smile.

"You made friends?" He asks and takes a step closer, not taking his eyes off of me. "That's none of your business". Forcing the words out, I see his eyes widen. "Of course it's my business, I'm your father, aren't I?" He asks the question as if I'm stupid. "You stopped being my father all those years ago". Clenching my hands at my sides, fingernails digging into my skin. "All those years ago? I did it all for you". Not prepared for his words, my eyes widen involuntarily and my lips part in surprise. 

"For me... I want to know what I did to deserve that!" After I let out a dry chuckle, I scream the words at him. He starts walking, getting closer and closer and I can't move a muscle. Once in front of me, I have to look up at him. He reaches a hand to me and pats my head. The moment his warm hand touches my head, I'm flooded with the memories we had, the fun we had, how happy we were. My body relaxed. No! Don't relax! Move. Move. Move! But I couldn't... I just missed this feeling so much. 

"I did it because I love you, you're my son and I love you". He smile his warm smile, the smile that he had before. The smile he used to send me and moth-. My eyes widen and I slap his hand away. Mother... Mother... He killed mother. "You love me? You show love that way? With what you did to me?! That's not love!" My voice grew progressively louder until it softened. "That was never love". Taking a careful step back, I look up at him. His eyes were glistening with unshed tears.

"Why are you crying?! Stop! I should be the one crying after what I went through! Not you!" Enraged, I throw a punch his way. Thinking he would dodge, I didn't expect to actually hit him. He staggers back, not even defending himself. He looks back at me, his cheek red, his lip split and blood dripping down his jaw. "I'm permanently fucked up because of you, because of what you did!" Screaming at him, he stays quiet. "And now, you want to take away the one person that made me feel normal". I whisper the words, but I knew he heard me, because his whole expression shifts, as if he was in pain. 

"He made me feel like the 15 year old kid I am. I can't let you do it... no matter what... no matter the price... no matter how I feel". I feel my eyes sting with tears and I stubbornly wipe them away. "He made it all alright... when I'm with him, I forget about you, I forget about my rage, my revenge... all because of him, I feel at peace". I confess everything, there's no use lying to him now.

"So you found your person". He suddenly speaks us. Tears dripping down his cheeks, but his eyes were empty. He raised his hand and wiped the blood from his lips. We just stared at each other for a few moments and then he opened his mouth. "You were dying". He admits and the world stops. "D-Dying?" My voice cracks and my heart skips a beat. "Yes... your quirk was too strong for your body, it couldn't handle it... so I did the only thing I could, I tried to find a way to save you". He confesses. 

"I found a man who could seal quirks, and in exchange for his service, I was to join him in his line of work". He explained, the pained expression on his face was still present. "I started experimenting on people, collecting all kinds of quirks and having him take them for himself". He shakes his head. "It worked, you survived... and I became a villain". He lets out a sigh. "But then I started liking what I was doing". Lightning started crackling around me. "And you killed mother because you wanted to drag me in with you?" I ask, already knowing the answer. He nods his head and smiles a sad smile. "She was my person... but you were my son and I had to chose, so I chose you".