Chapter 13

Jonah

I pace in the kitchen, back and forth, back and forth I put my fingers in my hair and pull, hard.
I look over at Emmett who is sat at the table watching me intently.

"Why aren't you freaking out more?" I ask him and raise an eyebrow at him

"Oh I'm not happy but..I mean Jamie isn't wrong. The boys are the same age as us how is it going to work with them taking over this pack? Look what happened with you and your sister. She is the oldest but you still got to take over after your dad" I walk over to where he is sat and take a seat across from him. "Is it because it's Jamie? I know you don't like him but under this dickish behaviour he is showing he is a good person, he runs his pack well. The boys will be safe with him."

"Trust me I'm not worried about their safety, I'm pretty sure they can look after them selfs, I hate Jamie.... But I know he isn't going to be a bad mate." I look at Emmett sheepishly "I know why he is acting like he is" I run my fingers through my hair "I shouldn't but I do, when I was going through all the paper work I found mating records, I'm guessing we have them because my father and his father were allies"

"Wait, that doesn't make any sense Jamie didn't have a mate"

"No he didn't" I look at Emmett waiting for him to click. His eyes start to water

"His mate died?" He asks I nod my head at him "And get's worse she was pregnant, he lost not only his mate but his baby as well" at this point Emmett burst into tears rubbing his belly

"Why didn't you tell me? You've known all this time and haven't told me."

"Emmett" I reach over and take his hand "It was never my place to tell you. I though with how close you were that he would have told you" he shakes his head at me

"He never said a thing, but I can't say I blame him. If it was me I wouldn't want to take about you in fact, when I left you. I never spoke about you at all, not to anyone"

"I'm worried we are going to lose them. We have only just got them back, it hurts so much to think that they will be leaving again. I feel we have had so much stolen from us and it's not fair" I confess to him. He places his other hand on mine so both are holding it. Looks me in the eye and says

"I know, but we have them back now and even if they do move in with Jamie we can come up with some way to make it work. Maybe we could merge the packs that way you can work closely with them and teach them everything your dad taught you. We can all work with them to perfect being a wolf. We can do this, but they all deserve happiness Jonah. Don't be like your dad when we found out we were mates. I mean look we didn't end the world like they thought did we." He says with a small laugh

"I love you, you know that don't you?" I say and he nods his head at me, he leans over and kisses me.

Just as the silence takes over the room the door crashes open and two very large black wolves come into the room panting both looking pissed off. I look over to Emmett who rushes up towards them, One of the wolves growls and snaps at him, which has me to my feet and dragging him behind me. I know its Jude and Lennon but they look feral. Unable to tell them apart like this, there smells are all over the place I'm unable to pin it on one of them.

One of them stands in front of us and snaps back in a protective manor which only manages to enrage the other one further.

"Jude, Lennon calm down, you need to change back to be able to tell us whats wrong."

"Emmett they're not going to be able to do that until they chill the fuck out and that doesn't look like its going to happen any time soon, they are too far gone"

The one stood in front of us snaps at the other and goes to bite his neck. Emmett pulls away from me and walks around me, I try to pull him back but I miss. He kneels down on the floor and his eyes glow blue and he says in a commanding voice but still calm voice

"Look at me" both wolves look at him at the same time " you both need to calm down and sift back to your human form o talk to us" the one in front of us which turns out to Jude changes first and Lennon tries to fight it shaking his head not wanting to submit to Emmett, but in the end has no choice but to do as he has asked them he slowly changes back into his human form. When he is changed Emmett stands and smiles Lennon growls in this throat and storms out the kitchen patio doors in the garden. Emmett looks at him with a sad look on his face

"Let him calm down he just needs to be on his own, has a hard time controlling his temper" Jude tells him patting him on the shoulder, Emmett looks at Jude and smiles

"I know someone else like that" he says with a tight smile looking towards me "what happened were's Jamie?"

"Well... it turns out he has his own little fuck buddy that seems to think she is his mate, not only that the night that he found out that he was mates with us and he left. He left to fuck her." He answers him. With that anger explodes with in me and my old feels like its on fire. I clench me fits together listening to what he is saying "Lennon flip his shit on her, I thought he was going to kill her. Not that I would have stopped him, in fact I would have watched and enjoyed watching the life drain out of her. Then she told us about Jamie and we came back here, Lennon has been like this ever since. Wanting to kill everything in sight" while we are talking in the kitchen there is a soft knock at the door and the face that appears at the door has m seeing red. Jamie.

"You need to let me explain, please" he says with his hands held high I dont give a shit I give a loud bone shaking growl and charge at him we both tumble on the floor and I pull my fist back.

"I told you not to fuck this up but you couldn't just keep it in your pants could you" I spit in his face, I punch and I punch and I punch at his fucking face. He try's to fight back but he is unable to, I out power him completely. I cant hold back and I dont want to I want to kill him, I want to make him suffer for doing this to my children.

I feel Emmett at my side but I can't hear what he is saying, I then feel hands on me and I see Jude pulling me off Jamie, he pushes me over to the wall and holds me still. "Calm the fuck down, this is Lennon and I's battle not yours. So just stop" I push against him and Emmett comes over and tells me to stop which I comply with body going weak, I hate it when he does that. He is the only person who can and it doesn't stop with me either apparently. I look over and see Lennon leaning against the wall smiling, like he is impressed at something. Just watching this all take place in front of him.

Emmett steps from me over to Jamie who is unconscious on the floor, he kneels down on the floor and taps Jamies face and shakes his shoulders but he is out cold.

"Ill mind like the doctor, he is out cold." He says as he turns to us and stands but what gets our attention is Lennon still standing by the wall smiling as he starts clapping. Like he has just watched the best show he has ever seen. At that point I see a glint of something evil inside him and not just the temper that lives within me, no this is sinister.