Chapter 15

Emmett 

I wake up having the most amazing date with Jonah, I didn't think he would come through especially with everything that's going on at the minute but he proved me wrong. I look around the room and look for Jonah, the rooms empty. I wiggle my pregnant arse out of bed and find some clothes to put on and walk in search of him.

I follow his scent down to his office and find my father in there with him sitting at the table having a meeting.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were busy, I'll come back when you have finished" I say starting to walk out the room.

"No. Emmett we want to talk to you about something" Jonah tells me before I can leave the room. I eye both Jonah and my dad curiously wondering what they could want me for, the two of them have been so secretive lately they haven't involved me in anything to do with the pack.

I take a seat and try and get comfortable "Okay whats up?" My dad clears his throat looking slightly uncomfortable but continues anyway

"It's about the twins" he starts but I cut him off 

"Whats wrong are they okay? I haven't seen them since yesterday when they visited Jamie!" 

"Relax they are fine. We wanted to talk to you about their behaviour. more specifically Lennon. We have been doing some research on us and our powers. We haven't been able to find much at the minute but we keep coming back to you both having a part in the end of our species but some of them doesn't actually mention you two as the ones that do it just that you play apart in it. What if that part is having the boys. What if they are going to end everything? you've seen how Lennon was yesterday with both you, Jude and Jamie. Emmett there is something dark in him I can see it, something lurking just underneath you have had to have noticed?" Jonah tells me and then comes to sit next to me.

"No, you are wrong. They are good boys, they just have some issues to work through thats all and can you even blame them they were kidnapped. Turned into adults and god knows what else has happened to them. You both are wrong and thats all there is to it. Do you both understand me!" I say with a growl, I stand up and storm out of the room needing to be free needing to run, my skin starts itching needing to shift I walk through the kitchen and see Jamie, Jude and Lennon sitting around the table.

"You okay Em?" Jamie asks 

"I will be" I say continuing to walk through the kitchen and through the door. I start to take my clothes off and look up to the sky I close my eyes and take a deep breath I turn my head towards the kitchen and see the three of them standing at the door. I shift into Shadow and feel the feeling of being free wash over me it's been far to long since I have changed and ran I have missed Shadow so much

"It's about time!I thought you've been ignoring me"  he says to me as we run out the garden toward the fields 

"Sorry. I've just had a lot going on which you know!....Do you think he right. Do you think that there is something wrong with Jude and Lennon?" 

"Do you want an honest answer?" I huff and respond 

"Always!"

"I think he might be. I know their our pups... but we both have noticed. Don't lie to yourself about it, but you asked the wrong question. You never asked if I think we can help them.. Which I do, I will never give up on them and you know that Jonah won't either he.. He just struggles with these kind of things him and Night can't help it but know this they both love all four of us five including the little girl enjoying our run" 

"Girl? lets not tell Jonah that he was right about that just yet please ha I can't deal with the gloating. Thanks Shadow, thanks for being honest with me" I stop and look around where we are and we are in the field that Jonah and I started talking in all those months ago, I look around taking in how everything looks the same yet I'm so different since I last came here. Everything has changed for me. I lay down on the ground and just take it all in.