Chapter 14

Jamie

I wake up laying in a strange bed, I look around the room and it looks to be some sort of hospital. My hand goes straight to my face and I feel like I've been hit by a bus or have been In a fight with an elephant and I came off worse.

I squint my eyes and look around the room again and see Jonah sitting in the chair to the side of the room wearing a suit.

"You come to finish the job?" I ask him as he silently watches me from his position.

"NO" he says flatly "but if it wasn't for at least one of your mates and mine you wouldn't be here now, because mark my words you would have been dead. No question about it"

"It's okay I deserve it, I fucked up and I need to explain why I did it."

"Yes you did. You royally fuck up, with one of them maybe irreparably, the other however seems to be slightly more in your favour. And my mate, well. He will forever be waving the Jaime flag for you."

"Who? Who hates me the most?" I ask him rubbing my bruised head

"Well I think it's a close call but Lennon is gunning for you, between us I would watch your back with that one."

"I know I had a preview of that show, not to pretty but I have to say both of them can come across as a little unhinged in that situation" I let out a humourless laugh at my words. I hear a knock at the door and pushes open and the doctor walks in the room.

"I'll leave you alone" Jonah says as he walks out the door "I have a mate to woo, I promised him dates. So that's what he'll get." The door closes and I'm left alone with the doctor.

"Well, Jamie. You had a really lucky escape. Deciding to piss off the Alpha of Alpha's wasn't a smart move now was it."

"Why aren't I healing as fast as normal?"

"From what we have studied, it takes longer to heal from due to what he is. You will be bruised like this for a few days but then you'll be back to normal as long as you dont have a death wish and piss him off further"

"Believe me, I wont be putting this on my to do list anytime soon. That is as long as I can manage to win my mates over from this whole thing." The doctor give me a small smile and walks out the door. I sit in the room by myself for a couple of hours before the door opens and I see one of the two faces I want to see the most. I take a deep breath and its Jude

"How you feeling?" He asks showing little concern in his voice.

"I'm okay, I hear I owe you a thank you, your father tells me it was you who managed to get him off me!"

"I did, no matter how pissed I am I couldn't let him kill you"

"I want to explain about what happened. No excuses just the truth. I fucked up and I want to tell you why but I want Lennon here too" I say taking his hand in mine

"He will be here shortly, he just went to the toilet. I have to warn you though, I had to drag him here with me. He's not your biggest fan at the moment" I nod my head at him understanding why.

We sit in my hospital room for a little while just chatting before the door opens and in walks Lennon he sits in the chair where his father was sitting earlier.

"Thank you for coming, I would like chance to explain to you what happened please. Look I know I fucked up there is no excuse but there is a reason" I look at both of them and they nod for me too continue "it all started about 5 years ago before I met you fathers, before they even knew they were mates. I met her late I was already 30 I didn't think I would ever meet my mate when I didn't smell or feel anything at 18 I honestly thought they died before I met them. Then I was out and I smelled her and them I saw her and she look so beautiful. Brown hair hazel eyes tanned skin and a smile that could make a saint sin. Her name was Sara she was human but I didn't care we were warned due to this we could have some problems conceiving due to me being an alpha. They told me they didn't think she would be strong enough to carry my pups but I was optimistic, the goddess wouldn't have paired us if that was the case. We mated and were together for two years before she fell pregnant we were so happy when she told me. I felt that life couldn't get any better for us.

Her pregnancy went well and they were optimistic that she would carry to term and it would be a normal birth, she went in to labour and it all changed. She suffered massive blood loss the placenta tore. As she was human she couldn't heal fast enough the doctors did everything that they could to stop the bleeding but they told me that there was nothing else they could do for her. Then they informed me there was also no fetal heart beat. Not only had I lost Sara I had lost our son too." Tears flooded my eyes as the memory smashed into my head.

"When I found out that I was mated to you I panicked. All I could see was Sara's face in my head. I felt that I was betrayed her, I thought it would all repeat its self and I would lose you both. I thought if I just pretended it wasn't happening it would be fine. Cara.." I took a deep breath at her name "was in the wrong place at the right time. I never saw her as more than a distraction to what was happening. You have to believe that if I could go back I would do things so differently. Please forgive me I will never hurt you both again. I will get my shit together and stop acting like a prick, I want this. I want both of you, you have to believe me." I look at both my mates and subconsciously rubbed our mating mark.

"Okay" Lennon say simply

"Okay?" I question looking at him confused

"Okay we will give you a second chance, we've been through shit too. We know what it feels like. That shit messes with your head. But this is your one and only chance, you fuck this up. I will kill you myself. I wont need to rely on our father to do the job" I breath out a sigh of relief and raise my head to look towards the ceiling. Lennon joins us on the bed and takes my other hand and lays down beside me, Jude joins the other side. We lay there in silence just enjoying each other's comfort and I feel suddenly lighter. I haven't spoken Sara's name in so long it feels goo to get it all out and be honest with the two loves of my life.