Threat.

Bey's POV

"I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! That's that I-got-access-to-good-dick happiness. You are not slick, Bey." Eve insists while giving me a side-eye.

"He's not my nigga." I disprove.

"Don't play stupid! You tell us everything and vice versa. Are we keeping secrets now?" Tamara says from behind me.

"Now ya'll know if it was anything serious, I would tell ya'll. It's not that deep. I'm just entertaining dude for fun." I respond nonchalantly.

"Mhm... you let him hit?" Eve pokes with her eyebrows raised.

"He eats it good —and stroke game is TBD (To Be Determined)," I revealed. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Oooop, alriggggght Bey!" Eve cheers, clapping her hands. However, I can see Tamara through the rearview mirror, giving me a look of disenchantment.

I decided to turn up the radio to stop the interrogation I was getting from my friends. Before arriving at the club, I wanted to lighten the mood and get us in the celebratory spirit. It seemed evident that the girls moved on from the conversation because they were dancing and singing along to the music. I, on the other hand, was having difficulties.

Fifteen minutes later, we finally pulled up to the front of the building. We could visually see that the club was packed, and people were waiting outside to get in.

"Look at that line! Good thing we're on the VIP list." I said in amazement. You will never see me waiting in a line like that.

"Seriously!" Tamara added.

"Oh look ya'll, there they go!" Eve points. Cecil and Monty were waiting on the other side of the long line, looking as handsome as possible. They spotted my car going past them while we spotted them. Even though they couldn't see through the car, they waved at us, and we waved back.

Once I pulled into a parking space, the girls and I exited the car and walked up to Cecil and Monty.

"Hey, ladies!" Cecil greeted us all with a hug. 

"Awww, look at my beautiful friends! Thank you all so much for coming." Monty expressed while giving us hugs as well.

"Thanks, bro!" Tamara replied.

"Thank you for inviting us!" I said sincerely.

"No problem!" Monty states.

"Now, where is this friend? I'm trying to see something..." Eve questioned while running her fingers through her hair.

"He's in VIP. Come on, let's walk in together!" Monty says while motioning the group of us to follow him inside. I began walking behind Eve, who was following the guys into the club before Tamara pulled my arm. I quickly turned around to face her.

"Hey, Bey, hold up. I want to ask you something. We'll catch up with them!" She spoke while guiding me back outside with her.

"What's up, Tamara?"I asked, giving her a look of concern.

"The guy who called youis it that student, Jay Carter?" Tamara questioned me. She had a bold demeanor, and I knew I couldn't skate around this question.

"What? Noooooo. Why would you think that?" I answered with an attitude. I was not expecting her even to go there. I thought I had said what needed to be told in the car, and here she was with her overbearing presence and damaging assumption that was indeed true. Why was it so easy?