Bond.

Jay's POV

"I was pregnant with your child!" Bey announced. I perched up from the sofa. This bomb that she unexpectedly dropped on me was not registering in my brain at first.

"What did you just say?" I questioned her with raised eyebrows.

"I was pregnant!" Bey repeated herself. I looked bewildered.

"Huh!" I shook my head.

"You are a Father! You have a son! IS IT CLEAR TO YOU NOW, JAY?" Bey shouted in frustration. She broke down, burying her head in her lap. That's when it hit me.

"FUUUUUUCK!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

I immediately walked over and got on my knees in front of Bey. I slowly wrapped my arms around her to hold her in mine. She didn't fight me, which was surprising, but I took advantage of this moment, not wanting to let go of her.

"I'm so sorry... I got you pregnant! You had my child, and I had no fucking clue. Damnit, Bey, I should have been there for you. I really can't believe this!" I expressed. I was so angry and disgusted with myself. I messed up big time!

"You missed out on a lot of things..." Bey said as she lifted her head to wipe her tears. She quickly displaced my arms so that she could get up and wander away.

I emerged into tears myself. The torturous feeling of shame washed over me, and this was the result of it. Finding out that I'm a father in that way is not what I imagined. There was an innocent child affected by my foolishness. My son doesn't deserve this! Bey doesn't deserve this either, and even though I can't rewind time, I can create it. I have no clue how to be a Father, but I will do everything I can to be the best I can be if Bey allows me.

After a few minutes of meditating on this information, I realized it was too silent in the house. I called out Bey's name and have yet to receive an answer. I stood up from the sofa and walked in the direction she left. I peered across the kitchen and saw her sitting on her deck in deep thought.

While I walked to the sliding doors, I glanced over to my left and saw a high chair. I immediately pictured my son sitting there, making me smile momentarily. The smile quickly turned into a frown as I realized my absence in his life. I continued to walk towards the sliding doors, opening them.

Bey watched me as I shifted into her view, sitting directly beside her.

"You hate me, don't you..." I blurted out. 

"I don't hate you... I'm just disappointed and hurt. To be honest, Jay, I don't care about our issues. It doesn't matter anymore to me. I want you to be there for our son. Period!" Bey spoke passionately.

"I'm going to be there for him!" I assured her.

"Good!" Bey replied.

"What did you decide to name him?" I asked.

"Bryce Beyince Carter!" Bey revealed. I looked at her and smiled. I liked the name. She did a good job.

"Does he look like me?" I questioned.

"He has your mean mug, that's for sure!" Bey slightly chuckled.

"Oh, word? Do you have a picture?" I asked. Bey nodded. She grabbed her phone from the windbreaker's pocket and searched her photos. She finally tapped on one of them.

"This was him a few weeks ago at his Christening!" Bey revealed as she handed me her phone.