Chapter 6 {DANIELLE}

DANIELLE

DANIELLE

"No way is this my baby brother."  I choked out with a smile. 

"No way is this my big sister."  Sam shot in return.  "I've missed you so much Dani..."

"I've missed you more." I explained.

It's true, I probably did miss him more. My family and Nate and Kasey were pretty much all I've thought about all these years. I don't think a single day went by that I didn't think about them.

I wish I never would have left. It was selfish of me.

"Where are you?" Sam began to question me. "How are you? You're not homeless are you?"

I chuckled at his last question. This was definitely the Sam I remembered, despite his now manly voice. This was the Sam I missed.

"No, I'm not homeless, you goof." I laughed quietly. "I'm in New York."

The line went silent before he spoke again.

"When are you coming home, Dani?" Sam asked in an innocent voice.

"Soon." I answered honestly.

It was true, I'd come home soon. I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I'd come home as soon as I worked up the courage to do so. With Nate here, I knew it'd be sooner rather than later, mostly because he was so good at keeping me calm and getting me to do the right thing.

I heard a few voices in the background that I'd never heard before. All I could make out was a male voice saying 'who are you talking to?'

"My sister you dip-shit!" I heard Sam spat at whoever was talking.

"Watch your mouth Sam!" I ordered as my eyes widened in disbelief at how much my kid brother had been cussing.

"I'm sorry, I was talking to my friends." He stated awkwardly.

"You can go hangout with them if you want, yanno?" I told him with a laugh.

Sam didn't used to go to his friends houses very often because he always got homesick. It was kind of cute to be honest. I missed him.

"I'm speaking to you for the first time in five years," Sam exclaimed. "I think they can wait."

"Really Sam, it's fine. You can call me whenever and I promise I'll come home as soon as possible." I promised, smiling to myself as I clutched my necklace. "I miss you guys too much to be away for any longer."

"Fine..." He gave in. "I'll call you again tomorrow?"

"I'll hold you to it." I teased.

"Bye Dani, I love you."

"I love you too Sam, bye." I pressed end on the phone call before handing Nate his phone back.

I looked up at him and he had a huge grin on his face. What was so great to be smiling about?