Chapter One

Y/n's POV
I lay against the cold metal ground, clutching my sides.

"Please, don't hurt me. I'll give you anything." I sobbed, unable to look at the vile creature.

The demogorgons had already eaten all of my family. I couldn't describe how sad I was. I wanted to get revenge; I wanted to kill the demogorgons. We all know-even if I tried-there's no way I'd make it out alive.

The Mind Flayer could communicate with me telepathically, as could all the demogorgons. It was a scary thing.

Fine, we'll keep you alive, only if you get information.

"Information?" I whimpered, wiping my tears.

About the party.

"O-Okay," I nodded, getting up.

Their long claws dug into my side. I yelped in pain.

You better not let us down.

I nodded, running out of the abandoned warehouse. I was friends with the party before they got a new member named Eleanor. I don't really think that's her actual name though. After Eleanor had become part of The Party, they stopped hanging out with me.

I heard Will went to the Upside Down. I remember becoming depressed after that. I would go to school praying he would show up, but he never did. He was gone. It hurt because even though I was no longer apart of the group, Will still talked to me. He was the only one that talked to me.

When Will came back, I was ecstatic, but I never got the courage to go up and talk to him. My nerves had taken over and it was almost as if Will being back, was all a dream. We slowly drifted apart. Besides, The Party seemed more fascinated by that Eleanor girl.

I walked down the gravel road, heading towards Will's house. Nervously, I knocked on the door. The door opened, revealing Joyce, Will's mom.

"Hi sweetie, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Uh, is um, Will home?" I questioned, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Yeah, one second," she said, moving the door slightly.

Moving boxes came into view. I knew that they had moved back to Hawkins a while ago, but you would think they would've unpacked by now.

"Will! A cute girl is at the door asking for you!" Joyce called.

Will walked up to the door, observing me. "Y-Y/n?"

"Uh, c-can we talk?" I asked, looking at him.

He nodded slowly, staring at me curiously.

We walked into his bedroom and I sat down on his bed.

"W-Where have you been?" he mumbled, shutting the door behind him.

"I've been in the Upside Down."

"What? I'm so sorry, y/n," he whispered, hugging me.

"It's alright. A lot has changed since then," I replied.

"Why were you down there?"

"The demogorgons had captured me and my family. I-I could barely last a night," I explained, shuddering at the memories of being down there.

"I should call the group," he said.