Chapter Ten

Y/n's POV
"Last one to Starcourt has to buy everyone ice cream!" Dustin yelled, grabbing his bike and speeding off.

"Hey! No fair!" I replied, grabbing my bike.

We all zoomed down the street.

Will raced past me, smirking.

"Are you challenging me?" I gasped, pedalling faster.

"Maybe," he smiled.

Things are finally getting back to normal. I mean normal normal; before all the Upside Down stuff, when I was actually apart of the group. A month has passed since Will asked me to be his girlfriend and I couldn't be happier. Now that I live with the Byers, we get to see each other every day. We have stupid challenges to see who's better, we play
D&D all the time, and he'll do the cutest things to try to make me feel better when I'm sad.

Last week, he did just that.

I biked down the road, looking at the trees.

"You're very quiet. What's wrong?" Will asked, concerned.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I lied, biking a bit faster.

I didn't want to tell him that I was picked on by Troy again.

We got home and I went straight to my room, closing the door.

I sat down on my bed, fidgeting with my fingers. Moments later, the door swung open revealing a smiling Will, holding a radio.

"Will, what are you doing?" I questioned as he played his favorite song Should I Stay or Should I Go.

Next thing you know, he's dancing around the room doing the craziest moves.

"Will!" I chuckled.

He danced his way over to me and grabbed my hands.

I laughed as I danced with him.

The song ended and he looked down, nervously.

"That was so embarrassing," he mumbled to himself.

"No, its not."

"What?"

"I liked it."

"I was just trying to cheer you up. You seemed down," he replied, scratching the back of his neck.

"You're such a dork. You know that?" I smiled.

"Yeah," he exclaimed before hugging me.

I glanced at Will, who was slightly behind me.

I smirked. "Woah, hold up. I'm actually winning?"

We raced to Starcourt.

"I still can't believe you won," I pouted, putting my bike in the rack.

"At least you weren't last, you'd have to buy us all ice cream," Will said.

"True, but I still wanted to beat you."

"So Dustin," I smiled, turning to him. "When are we gonna get that ice cream?"

"I can't believe I was last," he announced as we walked to Scoops Ahoy.

"Hey El—" I started as I turned around, only to notice she wasn't there. Neither was Mike, Max, or Lucas.

"Uncool," I mumbled as I turned back around. "I can't believe they ditched us."

"Oh well, more ice cream for us," Will said, grabbing my hand.

We went into the small shop, walking up to the counter.

"Is he here?" Dustin asked an employee named Robin.

Before she could answer, a teen with really nice hair by the name of Steve, came out from the back of the shop.

"Henderson!" he exclaimed, running over to us. "How's life been?"

"Its been alright, I guess. Today I'm stuck third-wheeling with these two," Dustin explained, pointing at Will and I.

"Hey!" I smacked Dustin's arm.

"Ouch! Bully!" he laughed, hitting me back playfully.

I stuck my tongue out and walked to the counter to get some ice cream.

"You're such a two year old, y/n," Will smiled, shaking his head.

"I know," I replied.

We got our ice cream and sat down in a booth.

Dustin was still talking to Steve.

"So y/n, later I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to Castle Byers with me and we can have our own little camp set up for our one month anniversary?" Will questioned.

"As long as we makes smores."

"Of course!" he said in a 'duh' tone.

We hung around the mall a little longer, but headed home since it was getting late.

Will and I grabbed marshmallows, Graham crackers and chocolate for the smores before running to Castle Byers.

We made a fire and began snacking on the smores we had made.

"Thank you, Will."

"For what?"

"For everything. I just—"

"Y/n, you don't have to thank me for anything. If at all, I should be thanking you," Will countered.

I smiled, looking into his hazel eyes.

"I'm gonna go get some more firewood," I said, getting up.

"Okay."

I walked into the woods, picking up little sticks for the fire. I bent down, hearing a rustling in the trees. I shot back up and looked around.

Chill out y/n. Its just the wind.

I grabbed another stick before noticing a dark figure behind a nearby tree.

I looked down, quickly heading back to Will.

Looking behind me, I screamed as a demogorgon chased after me.

"Will! Will!" I screamed, running over to him.

He stood up, looking at me with worry in his eyes. "W-What's wrong? What's going on?"

"Get back!" I yelled, bringing him behind me as the demogorgon came out of the trees.

I focused on all the anger inside of me, beginning to feel the same power I had felt last time I had used my powers.

I walked up to the demogorgon, looking at it with hatred as I clenched my fists. Feeling my hands heat up, I channelled my power. Orange light came out of my palms.

I groaned as I felt the fury take me over and then nothing.

Darkness.

I opened my eyes, seeing the familiar black goo.

"Will?!"

"Will!"

"Will!" I screamed as I fell to the floor, sobbing.

My sobs were drowned out by a radio nearby that had started playing Should I Stay or Should I Go.

I looked over, walking up to it and smashing it.

I was back in the Upside Down.