Chapter Nine

Y/n's POV
"Why do we have to leave?" Will asked, hurt in his eyes. "You know what? No. Why were you talking to demogorgons?"

I stayed silent, looking at the ground.

They wouldn't understand.

Will sighed as him and the party began to walk away.

"Wait, please!" I grabbed Will's arm. "I'll tell you what they planned."

"That's not enough! Y-You lied to us." Will retorted, walking away with the party.

"Please! Let me explain!" I yelled, reaching out to them.

Will turned around, looking at my stomach.

Shit.

"Will, what are you doing? Come on." Mike fumed, glaring at me.

"What is that?" Will asked, pointing at the scratches.

I quickly pulled my shirt over them. "Nothing."

"What is that?" Will repeated, walking up to me. He lifted part of my shirt, examining the claw marks. "They hurt you?"

I nodded, my vision blurring as I felt tears form in my eyes.

"Do you mind if I touch it?" Will questioned, curious.

I shook my head. He softly grazed his fingers over the cuts. He stopped suddenly as he went to reach the back of his neck. I covered my arms, that were covered in goosebumps, with my hands as I looked around.

"They're here. Go! Go! You have to leave!" I urged as I pushed Will away from me.

"No, not without you." Will replied, worry in his face.

"No, I have to stay, please. I don't want you to get hurt."

Will and the others stood their ground.

Demogorgons ran up to us, grabbing the others in a matter of seconds.

I looked to my left, noticing one demogorgon that was about to eat Will.

"Don't you touch him!" I yelled, tears falling down my cheeks.

I felt the same powerful anger I did back in the forest. I took the demogorgon that had Will by the neck and watched as it burned under my touch. I looked over at Will, making sure he was okay. He looked at me, stunned.

I disintegrated as many demogorgons as I could, freeing the others. I began to feel very weak, but I had to keep fighting for the party. For Will.

There were too many demogorgons to fight and El didn't have her powers, so it was just me.

I couldn't take it anymore. It was too much for me. I screamed at a certain frequency, watching as the demogorgons dropped dead. I fell to the ground, a trail of blood coming out of my nose. I sobbed quietly. I couldn't move. I just felt so weak.

I coughed up some blood and a mini demogorgon.

The others ran over to me. "Damn, that was so cool y/n! And when you're eyes turned orange, I—" Lucas ranted.

"Sister," El said, tears trailing down her face. I smiled faintly as she wiped away the sharpie I had used to cover up my number.

009.

I never knew what it was for anyways.

Mike stepped on the mini demogorgon with his shoe, killing it.

Will held me in his lap, crying. "Thank God you're okay. I-I was so scared y-you were gonna d-die."

"Well, I'm okay now, aren't I?" I smiled, grabbing his hand.

"Yeah," he replied, rubbing my knuckles.

After getting myself cleaned up and everything, I sat down on the couch in the living room.

"I'm sorry for all those things I said to you. I shouldn't have done it," Mike mumbled, looking down.

"Its fine, Mike."

"But—"

"Really. Its okay," I assured.

Will walked into the room, fidgeting. He looked nervous.

"Um, y/n, can I uh, talk to you really quick?" Will stuttered, looking down.

Max looked over at me, smirking.

"Uh, yeah sure," I said, feeling my face heat up.

I got up and walked into Will's room.

I sat on the bed, nervously.

"Uh, so what did you want to talk about?" I muttered, trying to make eye contact with him.

He sat beside me.

"Y/n, I just wanna say that, um, what you did back there was really brave. You were willing to sacrifice yourself for all us. And I..." Will gushed.

I zoned out, my mind wandering off to all the times Will was there for me. He's always there for me. I always seem to have him on my mind. I really really like him. I'm pretty sure he likes me back, but we're both too shy to do anything. I shook my head slightly, cutting him off.

"Will, just shut up and kiss me already."

Both of us leaned forward slowly, closing the distance. I put my hands in his hair, moving my fingers through it. He pulled me closer, deepening the kiss. Soon after, we pulled away. Turning to the door, we saw the party, Jonathan, and Joyce smiling.

I looked down, blushing.

"Ooh, Will has a girlfriend," Dustin teased.

"I'm not his—"

"Wait, do you want to be?" Will asked shyly.

"Only if you—" I replied.

"Oh my gosh. You two like each other. So just be boyfriend and girlfriend already!" Max exclaimed, pointing at the two of us.

Will looked at me. "Y/n, um, do you wanna be my girlfriend?" he questioned, talking fast.

"Of course," I smiled.