Chapter Three

Y/n's POV
"I don't have much information to give you," I stated.

I said, we need information.

A sickening feeling came about me and my head felt like it was about to explode.

"Please, I'm telling the truth. It was my first day back. I'm not gonna get much. Give me about a week."

Fine.

I trudged out of the warehouse, leaning against one of it's walls outside.

My vision blurred as tears built up in my eyes. I didn't want to do this, but I had no choice. I was stuck.

I ran back to Will's house, praying he wouldn't question why I had left all of a sudden. I shut the door, quickly wiping my fallen tears.

Will came around the corner.

"Y/n, why did you just leave? What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing. I'm fine," I lied, unable to look him in the eyes.

He was about to say something before Lucas cut him off.

"Oh sorry, am I interrupting something?" he asked, smirking at Will.

"N-No, not at all," I answered, walking out of the house and into the trees.

I didn't want to go to Castle Byers right now and I definitely couldn't go to the group or I would end up crying in front of them. Then, they would know something was up.

Will's POV
"Dude, is she okay?" Lucas questioned, concerned.

I nodded. "I'm gonna go check on her."

I left my house, walking into the forest. Something was definitely wrong with y/n. I didn't know what, but I could feel it. I could feel it in my gut. She was scared and hurt. Wherever she left to, did that to her.

I looked around for y/n, but couldn't find her anywhere. I suddenly got a bad feeling as the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I turned around, watching as the green of the trees had turned to dark ash. The trees had lost their color, but I noticed a familiar coat two trees away from me.

I reluctantly walked toward it, noticing a girl crying. Y/n. She had thrown her coat in front of her, clearly upset about something.

"Why are you crying?" I questioned. My voiced echoed as if I was in a cave. She turned her head toward me. As soon as her eyes met mine, she yelped in fear, backing away from me.

"H-How? Will?" she mumbled.

I noticed the hairs on her arm were raised.

"Y-You have it too?" I asked, pointing at her arm.

She quickly put her coat back on, covering her arms.

"I-I...whenever they're near or when they-" she cut herself off. "How can I see you?"

"I'm not sure. I was looking for you when I had gotten that sickening feeling, realizing they were near. I-I think I'm in an episode right now," I explained, getting a bit nervous.

I stumbled back, clutching my head.

Y/n ran over to me.

"Will, come on, you gotta wake up. You can't be in there for so long. Get up," she yelled, her voice breaking.

Her voice faded out as I felt myself come back to reality. I no longer felt that horrible feeling in my gut and felt the sun on my face. I shot up, feeling my hands touch the crunchy leaves on the ground.

"Hey, it's okay," Y/n said calmly.

I hugged her, finding comfort in her touch. "Y/n, I-I..."

She shushed me, pulling me closer to her.

The crunching of leaves caused us to pull away from each other, becoming alert.

The group came into view.

"Will, what happened?" Mike asked, kneeling down beside me.

"I-I had an episode."