Chapter Four

Y/n's POV
"You're having episodes again?" Dustin questioned, worried.

"I-I thought they were gone. Something must be causing it," Will replied.

"What did you see in your episode?" El asked, touching his arm.

He turned his head, looking at me. The group, obviously noticing this action, looked at me as well.

"Y/n? Did you see y/n?" Mike guessed, confused.

"I-I was just over there," I said, pointing to the tree I was sitting at.

"Why were you crying?" Will asked, completely ignoring Mike's question.

"Uh, I just uh, miss my family, that's all."

"What do you mean? I thought-" Lucas started.

"My family is dead," I muttered, tears threatening to spill.

"What?"

The whole group hugged me. It was nice for a minute before I felt a pounding in my head.

At first I tried to ignore it, thinking it was nothing but a headache. It got worse. My vision blurred as I grew dizzy.

"Y/n!" Will called, putting his hands on my shoulders to keep me from falling over.

"What's wrong with her?" Max mumbled.

I opened my eyes, seeing nothing but darkness. I was back in the Upside Down.

No. This was not real. I was in an episode.

I focused on trying to get out of the episode, thinking about all the fun I've had over the years. I thought about the group, playing D&D, and rebuilding Castle Byers. It didn't work. I looked around, seeing Castle Byers in the distance. I walked over to it, watching as Will destroyed it. Little puddles of water littered the ground that was covered in mud.

I frowned as Will broke down, crouching in front of the now destroyed, Castle Byers.

I wanted nothing more than to run over and comfort him, but it was all just a vision of something that had happened while I was busy in the Upside Down.

In the distance, I saw a demogorgon, watching Will from behind the trees.

It sensed me, looking at me now, instead of Will.

"No. No, please," I whimpered as I ran the opposite direction. I kept running into pure darkness, hoping the demogorgon wouldn't follow me.

I took a deep breath. I looked around, noticing I was in a movie theater. I was seated next to Will.

Suddenly, I felt a chill. The hairs on my arm stood up, as did the hairs on Will's neck. They were near. I saw complete fear on Will's face and I felt my heart break.

"Why are you torturing me like this?" I screamed.

"I know I wasn't there for him. I'm sorry. I wish I was. I was stuck in the Upside Down. It wasn't my fault!" I sobbed, bringing my knees to my chest.

I slowly felt myself coming back into the light. I rolled over to my side, falling off the surface I was on.

I opened my eyes, realizing I was in Will's room. I wiped my tears, leaning against the side of Will's bed.

Will opening the door quietly, probably thinking I was still asleep.

"How long was I out for?" I wondered, rubbing my eyes.

He slightly jumped at the sound of my voice. He ran over and hugged me.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yes, I'm alive, Will!" I exclaimed.

"Um, you were out for about a week," Will replied.

"A week? But, I only spent like a day in the Upside Down," I countered as an unsettling feeling washed over me.

Time's up.

I flinched at the voice, my eyes wide.

"Yeah, I know. You gotta remember that time works differently there," he said, looking at me.

He saw me. He saw me flinch, but he didn't say anything. Please, say something. I want to tell you. I want to tell you, so we can stop the demogorgons. Then, I can finally get out of this mind prison they've put me in.

"Are you okay?" I sighed, forgetting about my painful episode and focusing on Will.

I hope his episode didn't have much effect on him.

"Yeah, I'm better," he nodded. "Uh, the group and I wanna ask you a couple questions about your episode, if that's alright with you?"

"Um, yeah, sure."