Chapter Eight

Y/n's POV
I walked a little ways into the woods, trying to find some shelter. I ended up at some cabin. It didn't look like it was being used.

My feet hit the wooden steps as I made my way up to the door.

I knocked.

No answer.

I knocked again.

No answer.

I twisted the doorknob and to my surprise, it opened.

I looked around noticing a small table with a plate of Eggos on it. I opened the fridge, seeing many more packages of Eggos.

I looked into the living room. There were bookshelves on the side of the wall. I sat down on the dusty, brown couch, shifting my gaze to the various papers on the coffee table in front of me. I noticed a tv and went to turn it on, but it didn't work. It seems as though the wires were ripped out of the tv.

I opened a worn-down, green door. It was a small room with a bed and a dresser filled with clothes. On the bedside table was a radio.

I went back to the front door, making sure I had locked it.

I didn't want any demogorgons coming to get me, but then again, they could just come through the windows. I turned to the windows. They were boarded up. They must've broken from cold or something.

I went back into the bedroom and carefully sat in the bed. I laid down, hoping the party wouldn't find me here.

Will knew I would be somewhere in the woods. I always hid there whenever I was upset. I hope they've given up by now. Its late and I wouldn't want to be the reason any of them get hurt.

With my eyes heavy, I drifted off into darkness.

Will's POV
"Y/n! Y/n!" I called out, looking around.

"Will, she's obviously not here," Mike said, sighing.

"No, she's here. I'm sure of it," I countered, going deeper into the forest.

"No," Mike said, grabbing my arm. "She's not here. Come on, we need to get back."

"No, no. She's got to be in here somewhere."

"Will. Its dark and we can't really see anything. We can continue to search for y/n in the morning."

"But what about—"

"I'm sure wherever she is, she's safe. Have a little more faith in her. She's been in the Upside Down and that's ten times more dangerous. She's okay," Max said, cutting me off.

I nodded. "You're right. Its just—"

"Yeah, we know," Dustin smiled, patting me on the back.

We went back to my house and got ready for bed.

I hope y/n is safe.

I rubbed my eyes, being blinded by the sunlight that peered through my window.

After the others woke up, we decided to go search for y/n again.

We spent the whole day searching the forest and still no sign of y/n.

It was getting late again and we needed to be home for dinner. We were on our way back to my house, when I saw y/n walking on the other side of the road.

I looked at the others before we ran up to y/n.

"Y/n! Thank goodness. Where—"

She turned around, terrified.

"No, what are you doing here? You have to leave!" she yelled, her voice wavering.