Edges

I tried to jumped off that cliff but I can't.

Eyes closed, heads up, and hands raised as if weighing the atmosphere, screams of frustrations came out of my chapped lips.

I am such a coward. I am useless. Why do I even exist in here?

Hastily wiping the tears that escaped, I decided to get back on my truck and drive myself home. I guess committing a suicide on a Saturday afternoon wasn't a good idea after all.

Not a minute later I am already inside the truck, carefully igniting the fuel. I turned on the radio to lessen the irking sound produced from the engine. I half-smiled when I heard a familiar song.

"Wise men say only fools rush in,
But I can't help falling in love with you."

For a good three minutes my mood suddenly became lighter, the big piece of anger in my heart is slowly depleting. Elvis Presley's song seem to have a therapeutic vibe. It helped me to think clearly again.

"I should not end my life." That is now my decision and I'm proud for it is the bravest so far. I suddenly forgot the reason why I need to jump off that cliff. The betrayals, rejections and evreything cruel in this world I've been.

It is truly possible to move on from the painful memories when you decided to.

But I never noticed the rain. Sometimes the world is just a traitor.

The road became slippery and the truck is too heavy for me to maneuver it. The truck completely landed on the deepest part of the escarpment.

My eyes are wide open, hot fresh blood gushes on my mouth. A sharp edge of a branch of tree was stabbed right through my chest.

Amidst the difficulty of breathing, my free hand moved to get a pen and paper inside the compartment. I used my remaining strength to write something.

There are lots of ways to die, all of them were painful. But to live alone, your whole life, is the most painful one.