Ukelele

In one swift motion, he turned me around letting my body slip away from him.

As our eyes met each other's gazes, I knew he's the man I'd spend the rest of my life with. And even after this life, I'm sure he'll consume the rest of my remaining thoughts forever.

He stepped closer, giving me no enough space to respire. "Beautiful..." his voice echoed through the enclosed room, the sound of our breathing can be audibly heard and I am much afraid that he is hearing my heart too. I looked up to him when he cupped my face and quite expected to land his lips on mine but he didn't.

My eyes wearily searched his own in hope for an answer but he closed them tightly. He desperately pulled my body for a hug and I shivered when I felt his lips lingering on my neck.

"This is a dream, isn't it?" he softly whispered, and I hold back the tears that are about to fall.

'N-no. This is real.' I would like to convince him with those words but there came nothing from my mouth.

I refrained from his embrace instead and smiled sweetly at him. "Shall we proceed with the waltz that we're doing awhile ago?"

And there a smile crept from his lips as he puts back a strand of my hair behind my ear. "How can I say 'no' to a beautiful woman like you?"

My heart delighted upon hearing his disarming murmurings.

"You should know by now that I can't be easily swayed with your sugarcoated words, Mister. I may be pretty, yes, but I know better. " he raised one brow at my remark, then lightly chuckled making his chinky eyes the most beautiful sight to look at.

"That's why you got me. Tell me what to do and I'll gladly submit to all your whims, my Lady." his voice laced with mischief have me triggered to pull him and crashed my lips against him.

When he answered the kiss, hungrily searching through my mouth as if he's looking for my soul, that's when I bursted out crying. We both stopped, and I just stared at him gasping for some air to breathe. He held my face once more, as I tried to compose myself altogether he gave me one of the rarest dazzling smile I would always love and long for.

"When will you come back?" he asked thereafter, I smiled at him mysteriously which he didn't like obviously for I received a pinch on my cheek. He kissed my nose after that.

As we lie on our same old bed warm and naked I sang a song for him to help him sleep peacefully. He closed his eyes, smiled and then he cried pulling my body closer to him. "How's Lily's mother?" I asked carefully, to which he flinched one bit. Removing my hand from wiping away his tears  he managed to smile casually as he answered me.

"She's doing fine. She used to work a lot though, that's why I volunteered to take care of Lily. Tomorrow's her graduation day, I couldn't be more excited. Laura and I will come , but I wish you are also there with me Claire. I missed you."

"I missed you more, Levi. I'm sorry I have to leave now. " Time and space has its limits, so as this reality that we're living in. But the love we have for each other, it never would fade nor falter.

"You always leave all the time, Claire. I'm used to it, that's why I contented myself to just wait 'til you come back. And you always did, in my dreams. I love you, please wait patiently for me there."

"I will. For now, take good care of our daughter and her child. Kiss Laura and Lily for me. Tell them that I love them so much. I would have to leave now, just want to make sure you're sleeping soundly. I love you always, Levi. Never forget that."

I kissed him once more, and contentedly sighed as I heard his familiar deep breaths beneath his peaceful slumber. I removed myself from his bed to peek at the window outside, seeing the sun shined so brightly on a Monday morning.

"Grandpa!" a burst from the door alarmed me and I looked back only to see a very wonderful young lady jumping onto his Grandpa's bed.

My poor Levi opened his eyes and smiled as he welcomed our Lily's hugs. "Isn't it too early to play, hunny? Grandpa wants to sleep some more. He wants to meet Claire again."

Lily yelped and hurried his grandfather to tell her about his dream. Levi just smiled as he get up from the bed to get something from our closet.

"Your Grandma sang a song for me last night. I'll sing it to you, young lady." and there he strammed his old small guitar leaving Lily and I awed and dreamingly sighing.

This is my man. Greying hair, face slightly wrinkled and with a weakening body. I could only wish that I could live with him thirty three more years and grow old together building our family. But this sight, is more than enough for me. The heavens made a way for me to see and touch him through his dreams. I would forever be thankful for that.

And I shall wait for the rightful day to come for him to be finally in my arms. I wouldn't wish to make it a little faster, for I was always here to watch him over. Continuing his life, for Laura and Lily. I never really left him since then.

He looked at the window where I stand, and my senses must have mislead me to believe that he is looking at me. He smiled longingly, as he sang the last verses of the song to which I let myself cry and smile at the same time.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you. For I, can't help falling in love with you."