Embrace

For the time I couldn't count, he stood me up again on our dinner date.

It's not like I'm getting used to it, I still hope that someday he will not use his reasons to justify his absence in this special occasion of ours. I'm an understanding girlfriend, yes. Too understanding to the point that I let him crash my heart  too much.

In only a few strides, I immediately went out of the restaurant and rode off a taxi on my way home.

It was a silent night, but my tears weren't. His numerous texts and calls of apology couldn't cure the fact that for the nth time, he made me feel unimportant again.

How many times must I experience this kind of excruciating pain? Set aside the shame I felt every time I wait on him for hours, I wouldn't mind those if at least he'll come. But he did not. And that I think is the most painful of all.

I got off the engine and drowsingly walked towards the door of my apartment.

I turned on the lights as I got inside. There I saw Molly, peacefully lying on the sofa carrying with her the toys she used to play with.

She tensed when she felt my weight on the sofa then she completely opened her eyes to see me smiling at her.

"How's your sleep baby?" I crooned and that made her jump onto me and hug my arms tightly.

For a moment I could feel my eyes are about to cry again like the explosion of these mixed emotions inside my heart. I let those little sobs come out of my mouth as hugged her tighter.

Hours had passed too quickly, and she let our position stay like that till I become better.

As if she felt that I am calm again, she tactically got out of my embrace and reach for my face to lick it.

I laugh when I felt her whiskers tickle my neck. " I love you." I said and she purred as if she's saying that she loves me back.