•day 9.5

(A/N: hey guys! im sorry for the slow updates. i've just been very unmotivated to update the story lately. i don't exactly like how the story is turning out, so its giving me a hard time. i dont know if i should continue it, id like to hear your guy's opinion. anyways, enjoy!<3)

zak's pov.
---
When I got to Darryl and I's meeting spot, later in the morning, I was confused beyond myself. Where was he?
Sure, the place was busy but I didn't think it would be so hard to find him. I've looked around, probably seeming like I'm just standing there like an idiot for merely 5 minutes straight. It really shouldn't be so hard to find him.
Unless he didn't show up.
A gut-punching feeling creeps through my stomach, as I face the harsh realizaion that; Darryl might have not come at all.
Because of me. I was being stupid. Darryl doesn't deserve me acting like that to him.
Out of sheer panic, I whip out my phone, and text Darryl.

Skeppy: are u on ur way?
Skeppy: im here lol

Maybe it's stupid I'm texting him.

-badboyhalo has entered the chatroom-
badboyhalo: I'm here actually! :)
badboyhalo: i think i see you? :-o
Skeppy: i dont see u:(
badboyhalo: are you guy with light blue hoodie? black sneakers?
Skeppy: yes
badboyhalo: omg.
-badboyhalo has left the chatroom-

I turn my phone off, and look around, confused. I'm relieved, to say the least, that I know that he's actually here. Maybe I can't see him, but I get a sudden sense of comfort.
I go to sit at an empty table, before I'm suddenly being engulfed in a hug by somebody from behind.
Somebody slightly taller, red sweater- wait...
"Bad?" I ask quietly.
"Zak!" he chirps, pulling away from the hug, giving me a large grin. He looked different. He didn't wear his black hoodie that he always wore. He wore a red sweatshirt, that seemed like it was almost meant for him. Is that weird to think? I can't explain the emotions I'm feeling towards him, but..
I like it, his sweater. He should wear it more often.
We go to sit at the table together.
"It's so weird to actually meet you in person, now!" he says with another flashing grin. Man, was he happy. It was weird, too because of what happened this morning. He acted as if nothing even happened. So, I guess I should too.
"Yeah." I respond with a small smile.

Time passes, Minutes, even maybe hours at our small table. While he's still rambling about god knows what, I continue to watch him. Paying attention to every little detail. I watch his face light up whenever he mentions something he likes, his nervous ticks. I watch him re-adjust his glasses from time-to-time. And I can't help but smile. But, honestly, if anybody else were me I don't think they couldn't help but smile at Darryl, either.

"Hey, Zak?" he asks. My daze is over, and I'm brought back to reality by his soft voice.
"Mmhm?" I hum.
"I think it's only fair if I get to ask you this, but.."

"How's Delilah doing?"
I stare at Darryl, my face blank. My eyes widen, like a deer in headlights. If he hasn't already put two and two together, he still thinks she's actually a real person. I clear my throat, as I think of answers in my blank mind. I hesitate, before answering.
"Uh- yeah. I guess you're right. She's doing perfectly fine" I say, awkwardly.
He looks at me and gives me the most genuine smile.
"That's great!"
"I guess so."
His expression then goes from lightly smiling at me, to carefully examining me.
"Are you okay, Zak?"
"I'm alright."
"Are you su-" I cut him off before he can continue.
"How about we get out of here? We can go back to my house, play some games or something." I suggest, smiling.
"Okay."
---
(time skip im so sorry for using these>_>)
-
When we arrive in my apartment, I kick my shoes off and I go to turn on the monitors in my room. Darryl follows suit, watching me hastily scramble to set everything up.
I can hear him laughing from behind, and I join in on the laughter.
"Do you need any help?"
I stay silent.
He looks at me, puzzled, before going to help me turn on the computers.
"How do you play so much Minecraft when you don't even know how to use your own stuff?" He asks, giving me a light chuckle.
I shrug, smiling back at him.
"I brought my laptop, so I can play on that."
"Okay." I answer, spinning in my chair Darryl sits on my bed across from my desk, carefully turning the laptop on. It wasn't a large laptop, but it wasn't completely tiny, either. The black sheen of it practically looked back at me.

After countless hours of minigames on different servers, exploring new ones, heck even just messing around with people (Take note for me to teach Darryl how to properly mess with other people on servers) it's already 8:00. We'd spent the whole day together. I'll admit, maybe it was a lame idea to just play Minecraft all day, but I thought it was fun. All the shared laughs made me wish that the day would never be over.
When Darryl goes to check the time on his phone, he gasps, and shuts his laptop off.
"I gotta get back home. It's pretty late."
I groan, leaning back into my chair. I'll be honest, I was disappointed. I liked having someone around my empty apartment for once.
"Do you really?"
"Yeah."
I don't know what went through my brain when I blurted this out. Maybe the rush of adrenaline from the intense minigames? Why, of all things I could've said, why this?

"Why don't you just stay over tonight?"
Darryl immediately pauses, and I pretty much regret everything I had just said.
"I don't think I should-"
"But you could."

Why did I keep pursuing him to stay? Is this really what I wanted?
"I guess, but..I dunno, Zak"
"It's sorta late anyways, so why not? I can sleep on the couch, and you can take the bed. It all works out."
"There's no way you're sleeping on the couch."

I laugh.
"Why, do you want to sleep together?" I say, chuckling lightly.
"Well, I'd rather do that then let you sleep on the couch." he says, but quickly realizes what he had just said.
"I guess, so, alright."
"W- I didn't mean to say that. Oh my goodness.." He sighs, burying his face into his hands.
"It's no biggie. It's just for tonight, then you can go home tomorrow. You can borrow some clothes, too, if you want."
Darryl nods.
What did I just agree to?
---
(another time skip im sosodo sorry :( )
--
By the time it's actually time to go to bed, I go through my closet for a shirt Darryl could wear. I toss him a random old shirt, and he goes to change in the bathroom.

I flop down on my bed, and let out a big sigh. Today was somewhat chaotic, but.. it was fun. I haven't had fun like this in a long time.
I'll have to remember to thank Darryl later.

When he comes back, he's wearing just ad you'd expect. A black t-shirt, which was little bit long on his body, and his boxers. He comes over and sits on the bed beside me.
"You should go to bed." he says softly. His voice reminded me of the time we called until I fell asleep. It was soft and relaxed again.
"I will."
"Promise?"
"I promise."
"Okay."
He shifts himself, takes his glasses off, and lays down in bed, almost curled up into a ball. I smile, and quietly get up to check my phone before heading to bed.
I get a text.

a6d: where are you?
Skeppy: with a friend why?
a6d: i havent seen you in like a week are you okay?
Skeppy: im ok
a6d: we've barely talked since you've met that badboyhalo guy.
Skeppy: that's a lie vincent
a6d: it really isn't
a6d: zak we're best friends at least dont ignore me for weeks on end because of a complete stranger.
Skeppy: he isnt a stranger
a6d: whatever goodnight zak

A bubbling feeling rises in my chest. Anger, maybe. I really can't decipher what I'm feeling right now. I shut my phone off, leaving it to charge on my desk. Sometimes Vincent is unbelievable like this. But is he really right? Has it been that long since we've talked? It really does hurt when he says stuff like that. It makes you think that you're wrong about what you think. I hazily shake the feeling off, and get into bed. It's weird having another person with you in bed. Comfortable, maybe, but strange.
I look at Darryl, sleeping peacefully, breathing quietly. I sigh again, and close my eyes. I feel like my stomach's gonna burst with butterflies.
"Goodnight."
---
(Im so sorry this was so rushed! im just so bleh on what to do with this story but if you guys enjoy it ill continue updating >_> thank you guys for the support too!!! u guys really keep me going and i really appreciate it. next chapter wont be so crappy, i promise lol)