•day 11.5

(A/N: thank you guys so so so much for
-1k+ views WHAT
-200+ votes >_>
-and #1 in skeppy fanfics!
thank you guys for all the support. I hope you enjoy this part^_^)
---
{darryl pov}
I'm dazed, really. I never though that somebody as bubbly and kind and giving as Zak could be so cold towards anyone. My heart is heavy for him.
It really does hurt.

If I'm now all of a sudden so hurt, why aren't I turning back? Why am I still getting closer and closer to his apartment?
I'm now going past the little coffee shop on the street corner where once good times were passed with him. I can see him and I smiling and laughing through the window, still.
But that's in the past. I don't think things will ever be the same.

I can't stop watching our movie in my head. Our friendship blossoming into something that he's now tearing apart, along with..
I hate to admit it.
But my heart. He's shattering it into pieces. I'm only now realizing my sudden feelings towards him, the ones that aren't anger.
Love. Admiration.
Is this why it's hurting so much?

I arrive to the large appartment building, paying and thanking my driver. I get out of the car, stepping onto the sidewalk. But I don't go running to the entrance to see him.
I stand there. I stand there, my salty tears staining my blank face. Me coming here really isn't going to fix anything at all. Maybe I just wanted to see his face before he gets rid of me.
Do I really even know why I'm here?

I heavily sigh, and make my way into the apartment. I step into the lobby, looking around. It's empty, plain. Nobody in sight. I go to press the button for the elevator, but..
I decide to take the stairs for a change. You could call it stalling, too.
Making my way carefully up the empty staircases, it feels almost as if I'm dragging myself up each fleight of stairs. My tall frame seems heavier than usual. Maybe one of the simplest tasks seems merely impossible. After seemingly endless levels of staircases, I reach Zak's apartment floor. It felt like it took me almost hours to just go up 4 levels of stairs.
Ridiculous, Darryl.
I stumble upon the empty halls, leading to people's homes. Doors upon doors line the grey hallways. I read the door numbers on both sides, looking for his apartment.
403.
409.
415.
Until I reach 421.
God, what's wrong with me? It seems that I think that suddenly going to Zak's house is going to make everything magically better, as if nothing had ever happened. As if he didn't hate me and didn't tear my heart apart.

I pause. Exhale.
And then, I knock. Once, twice.
Zak answers the door, rubbing his tired eyes. He's dressed in the black t-shirt and some sweatpants.
"Hey, I don't want to si-" a raspy voice starts. His eyes suddenly go wide.
"Darryl?"
I look up at him, hate in my eyes. It hurts me almost even more to see him so guilty, upset even.
His burning glare tears through my body like a laser.
"I don't care what you have to say. I get to talk now."
He looks down, fiddling with his thumbs.
"Come in."
---
I sit down patiently on his couch, waiting for him to come out of his room.
And almost immediately, he walks into the living room properly clothed. Well, his blue hoodie and a pair of jeans.
I look at him up, and down.
"Please sit down, Zak.."
And he does. He sits in a small recliner across from me.
"I care about you, Zak. I really do. But it wasn't my fault you and your friend got into a fight." I say in a low tone of voice, looking down at my blue socks.
"It's not fair you're shutting me out of your life when-"

"But it IS your fault. You aren't understanding me, Darryl! My best friend who has always been there for me, known me for much longer than 14 days now hates me because of you."
"I-" I try to start, being interrupted once again.
"I'm trying to fix things with him, but then there's you! You keep preventing me from fixing things!"
After hearing his fit, I sigh. He was right. We sit in an uncomfortable silence for a few minutes, before he says something else.
"Do you love me?"
"I-what?" Why would he ask that?
"Do you love me?"
I pause, confused. What kind of question is that to be asked right now?
"Of course I do. I care and love you more than you could imagine, Zak." I pinch the bridge of my nose, suddenly realizing the stupid words that had just come out if my mouth.

He looks at me in awe, but his expression suddenly turns back into a look of hurt.
"Then stay away from me."
"What?"
"If you'd really care about me," he pauses for a moment, wiping a tear from his eye. I didn't think he'd cry.
"If you love me, if you care about me. You'd stay away and let me be." I can tell he's on the brink of sobbing.
Oh, my god.

I stand up, and walk towards him, bending down on my knee. I look him in the eyes.
Specks of gold dance around in those brown eyes of his. Before, they would shine with eagerness. Now, they're dull, tears spilling from them. They're sorrowful.
"I'm not leaving you."
"Stop, please." he begs, now almost choking on his tears.
"No. I want to help you fix things with your friend"
"Darryl, stop. You expect things to just be okay?" his harsh words hitting me like daggers tearing through my skin.
"I'm not leaving you like this."
He looks away, shakily exhaling.
"Please, just go."
I sigh, eyes watering.
Standing up, I make my way to the door. I can still hear his words bouncing around in my mind, guilt starting to eat away at me.

"Take care, Zak."
---
(oh my god ansgt train :( i promise 14 days will end on a good note, though!
also anybody please add me on discord im lonely lol
anyways i hope you enjoyed!<3)