•day 14.5

(a/n: JANANjahahhs enjoy!!!ily all)
---
{zak pov}
When Darryl had said stargazing, I really didn't think he was serious. It's not that I thought it was weird, or lame. I just didn't think he would plan something like that.
But no, he was dead serious about it. His face beamed with pride when it was brought up between us.
Adorable, really.

It was maybe 8:50pm at my apartment, which basically up until then consisted of Darryl and I yet again, playing Minecraft for hours on end once we got back from the coffee shop.
"Zak?" I hear a meek voice. from behind my desk. Turning my chair around to face Darryl, I tilt my head with a smile of curiosity glued onto my face.
"What's up?"
"We should leave right now. There's something there I want to show you there, too." he says, getting up from my bed and shutting his laptop off.
"Okay. Lead the way, then." Getting off my chair, I see him smile at me, readjusting his glasses.
"Alright, let's go."
---
Initially, I thought the place he was bringing me would be packed with other couples.
But when we got there, it was quiet and secluded. Well, it was a thick forest with a small path leading through the darkness of it.
Holding onto my hand, Darryl leads me through it. His hands are warm and comforting, clashing with my cold and nervous ones. The shadows of trees, and scattering animals seemed to engulf us in the eerie atmosphere.

Before I can even get a chance to ask where we even are, we're lead to an opening outside of the rich forest. I let out a surprisingly nervous breath, but then looking up before us.

It was a decently big hill, with a large oak tree at the top. I didn't even know places like these existed in the city, but it was beautiful. Admiring it in awe, I can already see Darryl making his way to the hill, looking back at me.

"Are you coming?" he yells out to me with a grin. I jog after him, both making our way up the large hill.
I playfully shove him, letting out a fit of laughter. He immediately returns the favor, lightly punching my arm.

"Race you to the top." I say through stifled laughs.
"Fine, but I'll win!"
"No way."
---
Little to my surprise, I lost.
"I win! Take that, Zak!" he says smugly. I walk behind him, exhausted.

Finally reaching the top, we sit down at the bottom of the large oak. I..really didn't think it would take so long for us both to get to the top.

For a good couple of minutes, we look at the inky black sky separately.
I can see the blindingly white stars scattering the night, lighting up the sky.  Normally I would've thought this would be boring to do, simply just looking at the sky.
But with the sense of comfort from Darryl sitting with me, I silently admire everything around me. The trees swaying with the night's sudden breeze. The stars dancing among the sky. It was certainly something to admire. I really wish this would never end.

"Zak?"
"Yeah?" I answer calmly, suddenly closing my eyes.
"What did you mean by I love you?"

My slow and steady breathing suddenly turns to me choking on my own saliva, my wide eyes looking at Darryl.

"Are you not okay with it?"
"No, I am, it's just.." Well, that's a relief. For the most part.
He continues.
"I wanted to know what you meant by it. Is it a friend thing? Did you really mean it?"
I exhale.
"Of course I meant it. I do love you. Even if it was only on a text." I say, looking down. I start to play with the grass between my shaking fingers. I look up to see him smiling happily at me.
"You aren't joking with me, right?"
"No!"
He pauses once more.
"Okay, good."

"What?" I ask, confused. Good? I've only been in this situation one other time, and it was years ago. Puppy love, really.
It was hard for me to decipher whether he was returning the feelings or not.

"I love you too." He says, burying his face in his sleeves.
I think right there and then my heart burst.

I push myself closer to Darryl, and look at him in the eyes. Our faces are just barely inches away, and I can almost feel his panic.
Green eyes speckled with hues of brown look at me up and down and he nervously smiles.

I cup his face in my hands, his features softening. If this is a dream, I hope to god I never wake up.
Never did I think I would be here with Darryl, of all people.

"Can I kiss you?" I anxiously blurt out.
Stupid.
To my surprise, he pauses for a moment, but then nods reassuringly.

It was a moment of bliss. Sure, it was a bit messy, but it was innoccent and felt completely natural. It felt like we were soulmates, made for eachother. And I couldn't help but smile through the soft kiss just thinking of it.

But I'm surprised when he quickly pulls away, sparks still going off in my mind.
"Wait." I look at him, confused.
"What happened?"
"It's not that I didnt like it but what about that Delilah girl you like?"
Oh my god.
I burst out laughing, falling back onto the soft grass. Was it humanely possibly for somebody to be so oblivious?
"What's so funny?" he asks, still confused.
"Delilah was you, idiot." I reply, on the verge of tears of laughter.

"Oh my goodness.."
---
Once I calm down from my laughing fit, I sit back up against the tree. I look back at Darryl, the sudden moonlight glowing off his pale skin.
I reach for his hand. It's still warm as ever. He squeezes my hand lightly.

"You're one of the best things that ever happened to me, Darryl."
---
(and thats a wrap! thank you for supporting me along the story. let me know if you guys would like an epilogue to the story. thank you guys so much. for supporting me and the story.)