Chapter 7

After possibly eating the entire menu at Pop's, Alice and her father reached got home after a long and stressful day.

She stepped through the front door, her father following behind.

She didn't count on the events of the day completely draining her but she figured with pregnancy, it was only natural. She brought her hand to her mouth as she yawned out and turned towards her father.

"I think I'm gonna hit the hay. It's been a long day." She said gesturing towards her room. She folded her arms and tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear, waiting for him to respond.

He fiddled his keys in his hands and nodded. "Okay. Goodnight then." He kindly said before he placed his keys by the door and removed his jacket.

She walked towards her room before being stopped by her father.

"Allie?"

She turned around. "Yeah?"

"We don't have to talk about this any time soon, and I won't hassle you about the father, but I want you to know that I meant what I said earlier. I love you, and that's never gonna change." Roger explained

Alice smiled back at him. "I know Dad. I love you too. Good night." She said.

He blew her a kiss before watching her turn the corner towards her bedroom

She wanted nothing more than to fall back into her bed and sink into her comfy sheets, but that was disturbed when she heard a knock on her window.

She sat up and looked outside to see a seemingly concerned FP stood on the other side. What could he possibly have wanted.

She sat up on her knees and opened the window, unimpressed by him turning up so late.

"FP? What do you want?" She asked in an annoyed tone before folding her arms.

He sighed as he brought his elbows closer to the window, leaning against it and sticking his head through. "Come on Al. You're a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them." He stated

"What is it, FP?" She repeater sternly.

"How are you?" He asked her calmly

She looked down at thee stomach and tightened her jaw. "Fine."

He gulps a little before speaking again. "And, the baby?"

Her eyes widened a little, not sure what to say and being a little flattered by his concern. "Yeah, it's okay." She answered looking down.

He released the breath he didn't realise he had been holding in. "Good. That's good." He added.

There was brief moment of silence between the two of them as they continued to glare at each other, both of them sensing, practically knowing, what was coming next.

"I'm sensing there's something else you wanna say?" Alice said rhetorically.

She saw FP's whole expression flip from concern to anxiety. That right there told her exactly what question was coming next.

"Is it mine?"

She remains silent for a second and her eyes shift towards her right. She began to clam up and her heart rate instantly increased. She couldn't look him in the eyes in that moment let alone reveal all to him, but her reaction already told him everything he needed to know.

"It is isn't it?" He questioned again with panic over his face. He locked his eyes with hers and she still wasn't saying anything, she just had her mouth slightly open and her eyes began to well up with tears.