Chapter 11

A huge pile of clothes, which made up for half her wardrobe stared back at her.

She had been trying on all of her best clothing items and with her growing stomach nothing fit right, to make matters worse, the weather was getting colder and she needed to cover up as much as possible.

She needed a whole wardrobe revamp and that was starting to feel impossible with her lack of funds.

Going through her wardrobe one last time and finding an old baggy sweatshirt that she was sure was her Dad's, she settled on wearing that along with a pair of yoga pants that just went above her waist. She looked ridiculous and felt ridiculous but it would have to do for the time being.

She strolls into the kitchen, it's silent since her father is on the road working again, and makes herself a bowl of cereal. It was only the breakfast meal she could stomach at the moment.

She pours the carton of milk into her cereal bowl before taking her spoon, scooping up a portion and tucking in, enjoying her meal before being interrupted by the ringing of her telephone.

No doubt it's most likely her father but at this time of the morning, who knows. She walked over to the device, bowl in hand and picked it up from the hook, holding it between her ear and shoulder

"Hello?" She greets into the device with a mouth full of Cheerios.

"Allie? Hey honey it's me, how are you holding up?" Her father asks on the other line.

"Fine." She answers nonchalantly as she eats another spoonful. She repositions the phone between her ear and shoulder. "When will you be back?"

"I get finished with this job tomorrow." He answers. "Why, what's wrong?"

"Nothing I just need money for a new wardrobe." She tells him.

"That's it? I thought it was something serious Alice."

"This is serious Dad!" She argues. "None of my clothes fit me, I'm literally wearing your sweater and yoga pants right now and even those barely fit."

"Okay okay fine." He huffs through the phone. "Get to school, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you."

"Love you too." She hangs up the phone and brings her empty bowl to the sink, spotting FP outside through the kitchen table.

He appeared to be in deep conversation with his mother, but of course it wasn't her business. She grabbed her backpack and exit her trailer, bumping into the two of them as she walked out.

"Alice!" Fiona greets cheerfully. "Good morning."

"Hi." Alice smiles

"You off to school dear?" Fiona questions

"Yeah, kinda in a hurry I can't get written up for being late again." Alice mentions before trying to rush off

"Wait, FP can give you a ride." Fiona suggests. "Can't you sweetie?"

"Yeah sure." FP kindly obliges, sharing a friendly look with her

"No, honestly it's fine I-"

"Honestly I insist." FP interrupted.

She purses her lips in thought before setting them into a brief smile and reluctantly walking towards his truck with him following behind.

The car ride proved to be less awkward than she thought, that was until FP started talking while they were on the road.

"So, what are you planning on telling everyone at school? I mean, do you want people knowing? Do you want people knowing who the Dad is?" He wonders