Chapter 20

"My feet are so swollen." Alice complains with an added groan as she stared down at the end of the bed. She had been cooped up inside, on bedrest at the demand of her doctor for a few days and it wasn't exactly the picnic she was expecting.

The dire circumstances aside, the idea of her father and everybody around her practically wait on her hand and foot sounded like heaven, her dream come true, but she had never felt more suffocated in her whole life, but at the end of the day, it all came from a place of love and concern, so she couldn't complain too hard.

"Surprised you can even see 'em." Roger joked referring to her large stomach, as he folded up her clean laundry, placing it into her drawer. "You okay kiddo?" He added.

"No different than when you asked me-" She paused, looking at her watch. "15 minutes ago." She added sassily as she watched him continue his domestic duties. Her attention was averted at the sound of the front door knocking.

"Who's that?" She asked, sitting up more comfortably

"It's probably FP." Roger pointed out before walking towards the door. "I told him to come over."

"Why?" She wondered, FP wasn't exactly her fathers favourite person, so hearing he willingly invited him over puzzled her just a little.

"To keep you company while I'm out on a  job. I want someone keeping an eye on you, at all times, getting you whatever you need." He called out from the door.

She heard their brief greetings exchange at the door and listened as they walked down the hallway, returning to her bedroom.

FP gave her an instant smile when he laid eyes upon her from her doorway.

"Hey Al." He casually greeted, still observing f her. He was still feeling very over protective over her, and seeing her in a mildly vulnerable state.

"FP." She greeted with a smirk, still unimpressed by her Dad's overprotective nature. She sat up right in bed, flipping her blonde locks out of her face and behind her shoulders before smirking cheekily. "Wow Dad, you're really trusting me to be alone with a boy?" She gasps ironically. "You've changed."

FP chuckles as her father playfully rolls her eyes. "Well it's not like you can get pregnant." He joked, causing Roger to stop instantly, watching FP's face fall flat and nervous.

"I- I was just kidding, Mr Smith." He defends.

Roger pursed his lips before narrowing his eyes at the teen and shifting his focus back to his daughter. "Yeah well, it's only to make sure you're not having to constantly move around, and get the rest you need." He added. "I'll be back around 9:00. Roger continued before blowing Alice a kiss and proceeding to leave the trailer.

Part of him was majorly surprised he was even trusting FP in the first place, but at the end of the day, he was the father of his grandchild, and he'd have to learn to, this was just the first step.

•••

"I'm not so sure watching horror movies with multiple jump scares are exactly good for your blood pressure." FP explained to an excited Alice as she appears to be completely enriched by the movie on television. He was in the kitchen preparing a snack for her.

She had moved into the living room and comfortably placed herself onto the couch so she had access to the TV, she also thought it would be nice to watch a film with FP rather than the two of them remain cooped up in her bedroom with nothing to do.

"Well when you've seen it more than 20 times you learn to appreciate and praise the jump scares rather be scared of them." She pointed out as she clutched onto her pillow tightly, resting her chin upon it as she fixed her eyes onto the television.