~Rest In Peace~

~Kourtnie POV~

The past 24 hours have been the worst of my life. 

~24 hours earlier~

"I'm Kourtnie Bass my mom, dad, and brother were checked in here after the uh accident," I say stammering and shaking to the front desk at the hospital. "Yes Miss. Bass please wait here Dr.Grey will be with you momentarily." the lady tells me. "Can you give me any information right now please just to rest my mind," I say tears streaming down my face. "I'm sorry Miss. Bass I can't give you any information," she says. "Please you have to have something," I stammer. "Come on K. lets go sit down Dorota went to get us some hot chocolate to calm your nerves" Chloe tells me grabbing my hand to take me over to some chairs. 

We had been sitting there for almost an hour before Dr. Grey came out to give me an update. "Kourtnie Bass," Dr. Grey said as she approached Dorota, Chloe and me. "Thats me how are my family, can-can I see them?" I ask as I get up from my chair. "Kourtnie I'm so sorry umm..." Dr. Grey started but the rest I couldn't hear because I knew what this meant that there was no good news. I was an orphan with no family left. My dad died on the way to the hospital due to the semi that crashed into them was on the driver side delivering a fatal blow to the back seat. My mom died during complication in surgery they was bleeding in her brain and they couldn't stop it and my brother died from a brain injury they didn't even make it to surgery due to him having multiple seizures as they were prepping for surgery. I fell to the ground in tears streaming down my face. I had no one left my parents and brother were my world. I was my fathers little princess and he was my hero raising me to take over Bass Industries. My mom taught me how to scheme, she raised me to be a bad ass women and loved me no matter what. And my brother was my best friend he cared for me when ever anything happened, he always hid my secrets and stood up for me when time was rough. "Kourtnie its going to be ok," Chloe kept telling me as I sat on the cold hospital floor crying my eyes out. "Do you want to see them," Dr. Grey had the audacity to ask. "Why would I want to see my dead parents and brother when they were just in a tragic car accident," I yell at her. "I'm sorry for your loss." Dr.Grey says before she walked out. "Lets go home." I say as I get up and walk to the car.

~1 week later~

I have spent the past week locked in my room trying to comprehend everything that happened. I also took up my-my-my dad's favorite drink scotch. "Come on Miss.Kourtnie today you have to get out go bed," Dorota told me as she came into my room. "Why there's no point in the world any more," I say. "Today is the funeral," Dorota states as tears rushed down my face. "I understand but I don't know if I will go." I told her. "Come Miss.Kourtnie this is your parents and brother. You must go your grandmother and all three grandfathers will be there now get out of bed and get ready or I will call reinforcements" Dorota states. I had never seen her so fiery before. "Fine I'll be down in an hour and then I will drive in a car alone without grandma Eleanor or my other grandfathers from my mothers side." I tell her as I drag myself out of bed. Once she left I grabbed a bottle of scotch I hid in my vanity draw. "Bottoms up" I told myself. If I was going to get through this I definitely did not need to be sober. 

~Chloe POV~

Me and my family had just arrived at the funeral for Blair, Chuck, and Henry Bass when I got a text from Alex about needing help. "What is it Alex?" I ask as I walk up to see Brynn, Lewis and Alex all standing in a circle. "Kourtnie she's not here." Lewis tells me. "I'm sure she'll show up," I reassure them. "Have you spoke to her since." Brynn asked. "No I haven't she locked herself in her room. Ok maybe we do need to worry but I'm sure she wouldn't miss her family funeral." I tell them. "Fine but if she's not here in 30 we are storming the Bass residents," Alex tells me. Wow he really cares about her I thought to myself. 

~Kourtnie POV~

After I downed half a bottle of scotch I finally picked out a dress to wear to my family's funeral. I decided in my mothers honor I would wear her favorite black dress she designed, a pair of Louboutins, and a pair of black sunglasses. 

I picked up the bottle of scotch and my way to the elevator

I picked up the bottle of scotch and my way to the elevator. I successfully made it to the elevator only tripping once and downed some more of the scotch on the way down to the town car. "To the funeral Arthur. Let's get this over with," I say as I take another swig of scotch. The burning sensation of the scotch going down my throat is the only thing I have been able to feel in the past week.

~Alex POV~

Chloe,Lewis,Brynn and I where about to all smush in a taxi to barge down the door at the Bass resident when a familiar town car pulled up to the church and a striking young women got out of the car. One thing was wrong though she was drunk and not just a light buzz I mean almost black out drunk. "Guys we have a problem," Brynn tells me. "Yeah Kourtnie is drunk out of her mind drunk in fact," I state. "We have to get her out of her before she makes a fool of herself." Chloe says and we all agree. We rush over to her side only to be pushed away. "Get your hands off of me this is my fa-fa-family's funeral." she states stuttering the word family. "K. you shouldn't be here not like this," Chloe tells her best friend. "Why shouldn't I be and what are you doing here because you see a sign of weakness so you can swoop in and save the day. Sorry to break it to you but this is no fairytale," she yells pointing to me. "Fine, I'll leave" I say and storm off. 

~Kourtnie POV~

"Now if you excuse me I have to say goodbye to my parents and my brother," I tell my friends as I walk into the church to find my grandma Eleanor, grandpa Cyrus, grandpa Harold, and grandpa Roman. "Oh dear come here," my grandma tells me gathering me in a hug. "Thank you grandma and grandpas for coming I really need someone during this time." I say trying to put up my best act so they don't see how drunk I am. "Of course hunny,"Harold tells me. "We will miss them all." Cyrus says. "I'm so sorry for the lost of your daughter. Here I am thinking its all about my parents when you lost a daughter all of you." I say. "It's alright you have nothing to be sorry about yes I did lose a daughter but you lost a mother, father,and brother." my grandma say. The mention of loss mom, dad,and brother in the same sentience makes me break down in tear. "Come her mi amor." Roman says and I gladly accept the hug. "Its ok we will get through this together." Cyrus states joining the hug following Harold and Eleanor. "Kourtnie we have something to ask you?" my grandma says. "Yes grandma." I ask as we break apart from the hug. "Since you'll be alone here in manhattan why don't you come with me and Cyrus to Paris to live," she asked. "Grandma I want to say yes but my whole life is here and I think my parents would want me to stay here so I can fill in my rightful place with everything." I state. "Ok but if you change your mind just tell me." she tells me as we take our place for the funeral.

Alex whats wrong does your princess not want you anymore or is she to broke for you to love now. Lets give her a break I mean her parents and brother just died but maybe you'll be the perfect arms for her to fall into. You know you love me

~xoxo, gossip girl