~Alive~

~Kourtnie POV~

"Dad is that you," I question the man in the suit standing across the room. Right after I said those words the masked figure turned around and ran. "Wait," I yell chasing after him. I finally catch up to him when he turns around and takes off his mask to reveal....

"Dad," I yell jumping out up from my covers. "Kourtnie its ok it was just a dream," I comforted by a voice I thought I would never hear again but how much I wanted to be angry there was this feeling I couldn't shake when I was with him. "No you don't understand I was about to see the face behind the mask to see if it was really him, to see if my father is still alive," I state starting to hyperventilating. "Hey shh its ok Kourtnie," Alex tells me starting to rub circles on my back. "We have to find him and before you say it was a ghost you know damn well it wasn't you say him get in a town car," I tell him. "Listen Kourtnie I won't rest until I find out he that was if it was really him or not but I promise you we will find him," Alex tells me giving me a comforting hug. "Thank you but I should let you know until I find out who it is I can't be in a relationship," I tell him. "Oh so you do have feelings for me," Alex states. "No I was saying if you were the last person on this earth maybe I would give you a chance," I tell him. "Good so friends," He says placing his hand in front of me. "Acquaintances." I state and shake his hand. "Ok we have work to do," Alex says getting off the bed. "After breakfast," I tell him.

Last night after I thought I saw my father Alex was the only on there to comfort me. Chloe had gone out with Ana after cotillion and Lewis was out getting over another break up with Brynn but this time apparently its for real and they decided to stay friends. So Alex was the only there and he knew I wasn't crazy because he saw him too. After I calm down a little bit, me and Alex called Arthur to drive us back to my penthouse. When we got there Dorota was already off so it was an empty apartment. I immanently walked to my room and flopped down on my bed and covered my whole body in the duvet. For the first time in the time I've known Alex which is since Kindergarten he did something gentlemanly like "Hey I'm going to head out I figured you would want some alone time after the events of tonight," he stated making his way out of my room. "Wait do you mind staying with me," I ask him. "Sure I'll sleep on the floor," He says. "No um you shouldn't have to you can sleep in the bed with me." I tell him. "No it's fine," he refuses making a bed for him on the floor. With that we where off to sleep no sex, kiss goodnight, or hug and some part of me felt sad about it but the other was relieved.

~2 hours later~

We had just finish breakfast and started to plan our scheme on finding my dad. "So it was a closed coffin funeral and I never saw their bodies after the um the accident," even though its already been almost been 3 months since the accident I still struggle to say it out loud. "So to find out what's in your fathers grave we have to either have to talk to people who prepared the bodies or, do you have a shovel." he says. "We have to go with option 2 even though I don't want to we have two the people who prepared his body can't be trusted," I say my voice getting shakier by the minute. "I'm so sorry Kourt," he says with sympathy but it doesn't help when he uses the nickname only my parents called me but I have to put on a brave face. "No its fine meet at the cemetery at midnight so no one sees us," I tell him as I exit my room. "Where are you going," he asked. "I have a to go see someone and tell no one of what happened last night," I tell him before I leave. 

"Chloe are you here," I yell through the Humphrey apartment. It was Saturday which meant me and C had a tradition to fulfill. "I'm coming just let me put my shoes on," she says as she makes her way down the hallway Jimmy Choo's in hand. "Are you ready for our tradition of going shopping and catching up on everything we missed in each others lives," I ask with a smile plastered on my face. "Someone's happy," Chloe says voice dripping in laughter. "No just need a break from reality and the only way to grant that is with a little black card," I tell her. "Ok then we should get going," Chloe states.