The Dark Figure

AHHHH SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT I forgot this book existed since I finished the anime! I guess I have to keep watching the anime so I can keep writing fan fiction! But I reread this and I was like "dang, I wanna know what happens, too!" So I decided...

AHHHH SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT I forgot this book existed since I finished the anime! I guess I have to keep watching the anime so I can keep writing fan fiction! But I reread this and I was like "dang, I wanna know what happens, too!" So I decided to work on it! Sorry for the wait and also TYSM FOR +2k reads!! AHH I used to feel like this book sucks but now I don't TYSMMM! Onto the story!

[CURSING IN THIS CHAPTER] edit: I think...

~(Y/n)'s pov~

     I don't know how to feel about last night. The thought of being comforted by someone who never shows affection feels weird. I look over to the right of my bed and look at the black figure beside me, "...How about you go out and have a little fun tonight? Skip school and stay home." The black figure said with a low whisper. My own mind was against the suggestion after what Kusuo said to me last night. "...Not this time." I get out of bed and get ready for school.

This is gonna be a long day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk to school trying to seem like I'm fine. I walk to class silently as some of my friends wave at me while I just smile at them. This time I'll try not to be late, but what's the point? I'm not planning on coming here again anytime soon...I get to class on time anyway and sit behind Saiki, who's acting normal again. Class starts.

ヽ(゜Q。)ノ?

In gym class, we're only running. Though, of course I didn't give much effort to anything in the class, causing Yumehara to worry. "Hey, (Y/n), are you alright? You haven't been looking so good lately, is there something wrong?" I shrug and shake my head. "Nothing, just stayed up all night watching anime again, so I'm tired." She thinks to herself for a moment. "I hope to trust her when she says that." She begins to show a look of concern. "Are you sure? You've been acting strange lately-" "I'm fine, Yume." I smile my usual smile at her and chuckle.

     She stares for a moment then smiles. "Well if you say so then." We both concentrate on the current subject, which is running. The girls were about to race to see how fast they are. I yawn as we stand on the track lined up. I'm so tired though, and not just sleepy tired. Coach raises a pistol in the air. "Ready?" The girls stand, ready to begin running. He shoots the pistol and we all race off, with me being the slowest of course. I've lost interest in being fastest and in a lot of other stuff. We all begin running.

Everyone got tired quick, but they were running fast. As for me, of course I'm already tired so I was slow. I begin to listen everyone's whispers around me, "...(Y/n)?" "Why is she slow today?" "She alright?" I'm fine, leave me be... I pick up speed so they could stop worrying. Soon, I become the second person to finish. A little better than how I was doing. I excuse myself to the bathroom after telling coach. I really didn't want anyone to ask about earlier so the best way to avoid them was to leave until the next activity. I make my way to the girls' locker room and open the door. I walk up to the mirror to look at my exhausted face, but that isn't the only thing I see.