[gizmo-what?! - fenton x reader]

So, this took a darker turn than I thought it would, but here ya go :3

"I'm sorry, Gizmo-what?!"

He looked at me, a crimson blush on his cheeks as his beak hung open, explaining to me something I never imagined I'd be hearing. I mean, Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera, my best friend since... diapers?? just told me that he was the new superhero assisting Duckburg. As I thought about it though, things began to make sense.

Fenton kept telling me he was busy whenever I wanted to hang out, or that work was getting in the way. When he told me he left McDuck Enterprises to work for Waddle, I just assumed his new billionaire boss, Mark Beaks, was just using a new employee to get work done so he never had to lift a single finger.

I guess my assumption was wrong. Very, very wrong...

"I never intended for you to find out this way..." Fenton began, still wearing the large suit, holding the visor that covered his head in his left hand. "I... I never actually planned on telling you."

You think you know a person when they say the two of you are best friends and that you'd never keep secrets. Well, we might have been only eight at that time, but I was always honest with Fenton, no matter what. I guess he must have forgotten, seeing as his priorities changed.

I just looked at him in silence, unsure of whether I should speak or walk away before I went off on him. I could already hear the ticking as the clock kept going in circles. The alarm was ready to sound at any second, yet I must've pressed the snooze button just before it was about I ring.

Then it hit me. The feeling just came over me as if I was possessed or woken into realization. So, as any good friend who kept their promises would do, I walked over to Fenton, and told him our final farewell.

"I guess best friends don't always last forever, huh? I enjoyed these past few years Fenton, but I understand that we both need to go our own, separate ways. Before I go, I just needed to tell you that I never thought of you as anything more than a friend until recently. Your smile always helped me get up, the ability to know that we were great friends allowed me to be happy all the time, but I guess I wasn't enough for you. Thanks for everything. Have a wonderful life."

I kissed his already deep red tinted cheek and turned around, making my way to who knows where. At least he was happy, and soon enough, I hope I will be too.