[don't even think about it - gyro x reader]

okay, before I begin this, I'd just like to say, fill-ins for Glomgold, Goldie, AND Duckworth are coming soon! I have done some scenarios with them in the past that I may redo, so uh, just getting that out there. also, despite the title being the way it is, this is FLUFF!:3 anyways, enjoy!

"I didn't come to this stupid thing to watch you flirt with other people, Y/N."

You scoffed as your gaze moved from the exciting party to your plus one for the event. A friend of yours had invited you to a get-together at their house, and you immediately asked your boyfriend to accompany you. Unfortunately, he wasn't too pleased with the idea of a social gathering, especially because he knew that a lot of the people your friend knew were attracted to you.

Something about you made people interested, and that just set you apart from everyone else in Gyro's life. That's why he was beyond happy when you first confessed to feeling attracted to him as much as he was to you. But, he knew he wasn't the only one to have fallen for you.

At times you'd just get a boost of over-confidence, which led to you becoming quite the flirt. That's one reason your boyfriend never went to parties with you. He didn't want to stand in the corner and watch you and some random guy hanging all over each other as you laughed back and forth.

He'd rather be reviewing paperwork back at his lab, or working on his next invention, but instead he was here, at a party he didn't even want to attend.

"Why don't you just loosen up a bit? Have some fun in your life!" You whined giving your boyfriend one of those upset yet disappointed looks. He growled under his breath at your state before dragging you to the kitchen. Over a dozen plastic cups were laying on the floor, some still slightly filled with liquid that was spilling all over your friend's hardwood floorboards.

On the kitchen counters were lots of trays full of appetizers and mini deserts, and on the island was a twenty-four pack of plastic water bottles and a large bowl of punch that both of you immediately assumed was spiked, even just slightly. Your friend had gone all-out for this party, and you were honestly a bit surprised.

The two of you then walked out of the kitchen and entered a small hallway that was connected to the home's entrance and the massive living room. Gyro was headed right, for the door, and you wanted to go left, to the living room where music was blasting and people were shouting happily. There was no way Gyro was leaving this party without you, so he followed behind you and stood against the doorframe of the living room's entrance.

Lights were flashing and so may people were swaying to the loud music. You spotted your friend and waved at them with a large, dorky grin across your face. The song finished and changed to one of your favorites, which immediately got you more excited. You began to dance to the beat before noticing your unamused lover.

Still dancing, you went over to him and tried to force him to join you. He shook his head and replied, "Don't even think about it." His bad mood made you frown and before either of you knew it, you were in the car, driving home.

"Is this what you wanted?" You spat, your eyes focused at looking out the window as you pulled away from your friend's driveway. To say you were disappointed would be a complete understatement. So many different emotions rushed through you that it was hard to tell which one was most prominent.

With a sigh, your boyfriend responded to your angry burst. "No... I know you wanted to have fun, but it's hard for me to let you do that when I just..." He stopped his sentence, catching your attention. The car was stopped too, and it was hard to tell where you were with the headlights turned off and the half moon being dimmed from the foggy clouds in the sky.

"You just... what?" You wondered, facing him. That's when he mustered up all of his courage to kiss you.

After that, you were glad to have left the party early...