CHAPTER ONE

...

"Odasaku!" Mitsuyo entered the dimly lit bar, the yellow luminescent lights flickering gently. The atmosphere was comforting, as the young teenager strutted her way over to her elder brother. Completely ignoring the other man who sat next to her sibling, Mitsuyo sat down on a stool on the other side of Oda.

"Well, hello! I'm Dazai, I'm sure you've heard a lot about me~" The man sat besides him began, earning a small entertained grin from the woman. She looked at him with a quirked eyebrow, the mask that covered her mouth and nose hiding her grin.

"I've heard absolutely nothing about you."

"He's the really annoying one, remember?" Odasaku chimed in, attracting the attention of his younger sister's eyes. They shimmed gently as she let out a gentle laugh.

She looked at the bartender, tapping her fingers on the table in front of her, eyes smiling at him. "Ah, I have heard of you apparently. The really loud, suicidal one, yes?" Mitsuyo slipped her hands behind her long brownish ginger tinted hair that fell in front of her face. Taking the mask off from behind her ears.

Odasaku smiled at his sister, as the bartender placed a lemonade in front of her. She furrowed her eyebrows at the drink, squinting at her brother. She thanked the bartender, still glaring at her brother who held in chuckles.

"What?! Suicide is a wonderful way to go out. Especially if it's a peaceful way out, that'd be lovely!" The boy, Dazai ranted. Mitsuyo rolled her eyes, leaning onto the table, head resting on it, arms wrapped around her head.

"If you want to die a peaceful way, why die at all? Living is dying, so by living, you're dying in the most peaceful way possible." She stared at the ice in her lemonade through her arms, watching how it shimmered against the glass.

Letting out a sigh of exhaustion, she tilted her head that rest on the table to look at the boy. "Every man wants to die, until death looks them in the eye. Then man fights for his life. It's such an odd concept, really. Nobody knows what they have until it's ripped away from them. How ignorant us humans really are."

The door to the bar opened, and Mitsuyo's lips curled into a scowl, shaking her head as if to shake a scent off. "Hello, Ango." She said with an annoyed yawn.

Ango walked through the door, setting his bag down on the other side of Dazai. Sitting down, he ordered a tomato juice. "Mitsuyo." He replied with the same annoyance, turning to Dazai.

"Ah, Ango-san!" Dazai grinned, welcoming his friend with an excitable tone. Ango replied with a lower energetic voice, though still clearly interested in conversation.

The three had conversations, as Mitsuyo practically fell asleep the whole time. That was, until the flashing light of a camera and the click woke her up. Groaning, she lifted her head. The ice in her drink had melted, as she looked at the men.

"What's on your plate for tomorrow, Mitsuyo?" Odasaku asked her, so she looked up at her brother.

"I have to train one of the Akutgawa's. The sister of Mr. Eyepatch over there's apprentice. She's really sweet, but she dresses too feminine. I'm going to take her shopping so she doesn't look too young of a girl. I don't want Mori to get any ideas." She frowned softly, shivering at the thought of Mori.

Odasaku frowned as well, wrapping an arm around his sister. She leaned against his shoulder, the seventeen year old hissing through her teeth. "I'm going to stop the possibility at all costs. Even if it means Gin looks like a boy." She said determined, shaking off the fear on her face.

"Anyways, I'm interested in you, Dazai. You're a top member of the Mafia, you run the army, and you're already an executive alongside your partner. Yet, off of work, you're nothing but bandaged suicidal thoughts with an overwhelming amount of sarcasm." Mitsuyo tilted her head, clicking her tongue at the top of her mouth.

"If you're so interested in me, meet up with me. Bring Gin, we can train the siblings together. I'm quite curious about you as well." He proposed, raising an eyebrow as he looked at the slightly younger girl.

"It's a deal."

"You mean, a date."

"A deal."

"A daaaate~"

"A deal, or I'll ditch you and just train on my own." She scoffed, flipping him off from behind Odasaku.

"Fine. It's a deal then." Dazai huffed, resting his chin on the table.

Mitsuyo's gaze went to her brother, as he smiled at the two teenagers. "Try to bare with one another. You'll work well together." He smiled weakly, eyes saddened. "You need each other. Loneliness is hard to cope with." Odasaku tapped on Dazai's back, making him sit up. He looked at the people around him that he cherished the most. Raising his drink, the three others soon raised theres.

"To the stray dogs."

clash.