CHAPTER TWO

...

The young girl followed closely behind the teenager, her hand gripping tightly onto hers. Mitsuyo looked down at the shorter girl, a soft smile on her face. Dressed causally in her ripped jeans and plain t-shirt, the brown haired girl took Gin to the store.

"Thank you for taking me shopping!" The younger teenager grinned to herself, excited to be shopping with a big kid.

"Of course, Gin. We need to get you the proper clothes so you can train with me. You can't get your pretty clothes all messed up." Mitsuyo spoke to the child, no older than thirteen.

Gin nodded her head excitedly, practically pulling her superior into the store. Laughing gently, Mitsuyo followed after her. "Are you sure? I feel bad if you spend so much money on me." The black-haired girl stared at the ground.

Mitsuyo smiled firmly, nodding her head. "I'd spend a million dollars on you and feel no regrets." She smiled to the shorter girl, heart clenching with affection.

"Why are you so nice to me? My brother said that his superior is always mean to him." Gin questioned, whilst looking around the store. Her eyes drifting towards the chokers, a smile on her face.

Mitsuyo looked with her, browsing through the chokers, though she already wore one. "It's simple really. I don't have many people. But the ones I do, they're what keep me going. Now I want to be the reason someone keeps going." She answered, picking up a plain black choker.
"What about this one? It's like mine, we can match." She offered, the younger teenager's eyes widening.

"That'd be great! I like it a lot actually." Gin smiled, taking it in her hands to look at it. She ran her fingers over the velvet texture, a happy expression on her face. Her long hair got in her way, so Mitsuyo carefully brushed it behind her ears. "Do you think I could get a cloak type thing? Or, a jacket similar to my brothers?"

Mitsuyo nodded, humming a small 'Mhm!', taking Gin towards the jackets in the thrift store. "There's practically everything here, so look around. Take your time." The Mafia assassin also started to look around for herself.

...

The two girls had finally left, going to the area Dazai had chosen for them all to train at. Mitsuyo thought it would be best for Gin to learn alongside her brother, rather than a complete stranger. Gin was excited to hear the news as well, some of her own anxieties lifted off of her chest.

"They should be here by now." Mitsuyo rolled her eyes. She should've known Dazai to be the late type. Sat in the interrogation room underground, which was unused, the girls awaited the presence of the others.