CHAPTER SEVEN

welcome to angst city! put on some tunes and stay a while.

-

mitsuyo sat by herself at their usual bar, a sigh escaping her lips. she was stressed. her heart tugged and pulled at her morals. would the mafia really benefit her? is it really for the better? killing and threatening people, was it really what she wanted to make her life about?

she ran a hand through her hair, a sigh escaping her lips. odasaku had been gone more than usual as of lately, running solo missions. she practically begged to tag along, her own thoughts getting to her head. however she was rejected every time.

her team was solid. she was more than happy with her relationships with dazai and chuuya. the mafia was a mix of supportive and against her joining the double black. mori was making her uncomfortable again, his slight looks and glances giving her the chills.

"thank you for the lemonade, senpai." she thanked the bartender, huffing as she tugged at her uncomfortable uniform collar. the bell of the door jingled, grabbing mitsuyo's attention.

"odasaku!" she smiled for the first time that day, looking over to her big brother. "i missed you."

odasaku grinned, sitting down next to his sister. he put his jacket over her slightly shivering shoulders, asking for his usual. "hello, mitsuyo-sama. are you doing alright? you seem down." his full attention was directed to his sister, a gentle smile on his face.

"i'm stressed, oda." she let out a small whimper. "mori's looks are getting to me. i have this hunch that this is the calm before the storm. i can't really shake it. i'm scared, odasaku." she shut her eyes to stop them from water, although it was a failure.

his scruffy face frowned, rubbing her shoulders comfortingly. "your instincts are always sharp, aren't they.." a sigh escaped his lips, "we'll get through this together. i promise." she smiled weakly, thanking odasaku for his words.

within the hour the two began to head back home to the curry shop. mitsuyo grinned as she opened the door, calling out the children's names. confusion washed over the sibling's faces. usually the kids would come running out of their room, excited to make dinner with everyone. she head over to their room, opening the door. her anxiety peaked when it was fully empty.

mitsuyo and odasaku checked around the room, making sure they weren't playing a game. at the same exact moment, they heard shouting and banging from outside of the window. they dashed over, eyes widening on a white van that held all of the orphans. they banged on the glass, tears streaming down their faces.

odasaku dashed out of the room, running downstairs as soon as he could. mitsuyo opened the window, jumping out without a second thought of her possible injuries. she felt her ankle snap from her landing, but her instincts and adrenaline pushed that pain behind her. at that same moment, odasaku came bursting out through the door. they both sprinted as fast as they could to the van, mitsuyo leapt at the window using her elbow to attempt to break the glass.

"mitsuyo! stop!" odasaku shouted, as the van exploded right then and there. he was thrown back from the explosion. mitsuyo was sent flying, since she had broken the glass the second it exploded. the two of them had lost consciousness, blacking out.

somehow mitsuyo gained consciousness first. her breath was thin, panicking as she remembered what happened. she got up, crying as she put weight on her ankle. she limped over to the van that was still in flames, tears streaming down her face. she reached down to the broken window to unlock the door.  after a few seconds of struggling to get the lock undone, the door opened.

odasaku limped over to her side, as they looked inside of the van with terror. mitsuyo choked, sobbing immediately. odasaku had a similar reaction, looking away from the gore that laid inside.

perseverance ; o.d जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें