The Official Welcome

Eddie was scheduled to go to a counseling session the next morning at nine. He was also informed that he would be going alone since Richie had plans to see his mother since she had been released from the hospital and Eddie needed to learn some self recovery. As much as he could rely on Richie, he needed to be by himself, too. He understood, but he didn't really wished that he didn't have to be alone talking to someone about his feelings and past experiences.

He was currently panicking about the session he'd have to attend the following morning, so he didn't even notice they weren't driving toward the Denbroughs house until they came to a stop. Bev and Stan had walked back to Bill's with Zack, so only Richie, Eddie, and Sharon were in the car.

Eddie looked out his window and began to breathe quicker, clutching onto Richie and burying his face in his shirt.

"It's okay, Eds. We're just here to get your stuff," Richie said quietly, running his fingers through Eddie's hair.

Eddie didn't stop trying to hide, but followed as Richie moved them outside the car and up the steps to the mansion. It was dark and intimidating, even more so when they walked inside. The mansion always seemed to be darker no matter what time of day it was.

Richie led Eddie up to his room, where he got his journal, before walking to the other room where he hid Richie's sweatshirt and the books he gave him. Eddie put them all into the bag Richie had gave him to carry it in, before getting out of the mansion as soon as possible.

Richie didn't leave yet, instead going to the master bedroom. He searched for a few minutes until finding what he was looking for. Smiling, he carried a box filled with all of Eddie's drawing materials that Sonia had taken from him.

"Eds, look what I found!" Richie called happily when he climbed into the car.

Eddie opened the box and his eyes widened. All of his pens and markers were in there, stacked on his drawing paper. He didn't hesitate to kiss Richie on the cheek, so happy that he finally had the things that made his life a little more free. Richie blushed for a second before regaining his composure.

The drive felt much longer on the way back to the Debroughs house, since both were eager to get out of the car and see their friends. Richie was slightly restless since he hadn't ever sat still for that long, whereas Eddie wanted to see everyone and feel that he was finally free from the mansion.

They carried all of the stuff up to Bill's room, where all of the losers were sitting around and talking. Bev was working at Bill's desk on something, hiding it as soon as Eddie walked into the room.

"How'd it go?" Ben asked, looking up from where he was reading a book on the floor of the room.

"Fine," Eddie responded, not really excited about sharing much more about his day.

"Eddie!" Bev called, catching the boy's attention instantly. "Close your eyes!"

Eddie gave her a confused look but obeyed.

"We have a tradition when you're part of the losers club. Richie showed you his bracelet today and told you how every member has one." Bev paused and Eddie felt her grab his arm and put something around it. "Open your eyes, Eddie."

Eddie opened his eyes and looked at his wrist, breaking into a toothy grin. On his arm laid a band just like Richie's, except the band itself was a creamy yellow color, and it had beads that matched the colors of every other member of the losers club. He took off Richie's and gave it back to him, turning his attention to the gift on his arm.

"It's beautiful, Bev," Eddie said, feel so accepted and appreciated. "Thank you so much."

"Welcome to the losers club!" Richie shouted, leaping on the bed and nearly knocking Stan off.

"Jesus Christ, go run outside or something, trashmouth," Stan hissed. "You have way too much energy."

"Can't I just be happy without your sass, Staniel?" Richie snapped back throwing tiny pieces of paper into Stan's hair.

Eddie giggled and sat on the bed next to Richie, who didn't hesitate to pull him close. They stayed like that for a while, with Bev talking to Richie while Eddie tried to relax and cope with his upcoming appointment.

They all finally got up when Sharon called them all down for dinner. They ate quickly, before Bev said she had to get home before her father did, Mike needed to help on the farm early the next morning, and Ben said his mom needed help at home.

Stan didn't want to go home since his mom wouldn't be there and his dad wouldn't leave him alone lately about school even though it was summer. Bill was more than happy to let him stay, earning Richie a flick to the forehead when he winked at Stan from behind Bill's back.

"Georgie's a-at a friend's h-house tonight, s-so Stan and I c-can take his r-room," Bill informed them, leading Stan to Georgie's room.

"Have a lovely night!" Richie called, winking at Stan who flipped him off. He dropped his voice to a whisper and turned to Eddie. "If you hear moaning, it's probably Stan."

"Moaning?" Eddie asked, confused. He had no clue what that meant. His mother made sure he knew nothing about sex or anything related to it, and none of the books he read said anything about it.

Richie figured that Eddie had no clue and let it slide, wrapping an arm around Eddie's shoulders and leading him to Bill's room. They both changed into sweats, Richie not wearing a shirt and Eddie wearing one of Richie's sweatshirts. His mom often didn't use a heating system or pay for it, so he was cold at night, even with Richie cuddling him.

They got into bed, and Richie pulled Eddie against his bare chest, kissing the back of his neck. Eddie tangled their legs together and closed his eyes. He knew he was safe, but he was still confused.

"What are we, Richie?" he asked quietly. Eddie didn't really know how relationships worked, but he did know that most people know if they're in one. He had no clue if he was in a relationship with Richie, even though he really wanted to be.

"I don't know, Eds. What do you want to be?" Richie asked, moving Eddie he so he was sitting on Richie's chest, looking down at him.

"I don't know how these things work Richie," Eddie said in a small voice, looking at Richie with a pout on his face. "And what's the point of dating if I'm taken away in a week anyway?"

"Then I'll find out where you are and visit you every week. I'm not losing you, Eddie," Richie said sitting up so Eddie was settled in his lap.

Richie ran one of his hands through Eddie's hair, the other hand on his hip, before leaning in. Eddie could feel Richie's breath on his lips, waiting for him to close the distance. He did without hesitating, throwing his arms around Richie's neck.

Richie bit Eddie's lower lip, getting Eddie to open his mouth before pushing his tongue inside, deepening the kiss. Eddie gasped but left his mouth open, letting Richie explore it.

They stopped kissing, Eddie's expression being shocked and Richie's being his usual smirk, but much softer and more appreciative.

"I liked that," Eddie whispered, his chest pressed against Richie's as Richie leaned back, wrapping his arms around Eddie's middle.

Richie chuckled. "You're so adorable."

Eddie blushed and laid his head against Richie's chest. "I really like you, Richie."

"Well, I sure hope you do, I mean I just had my tongue down your throat and-"

Eddie shot him a glare that quickly shut him up. "I don't want to leave Derry. I want to be with you."

Richie pressed a kiss to his forehead, his face going back to serious. "How about we don't date, at least not yet, until we know where you're going. And if you do end up moving away, I'll wait for you. Okay?"

Eddie smiled and kissed Richie's cheek before rolling off to him and cuddling into his side. "Okay," he whispered before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.