1

"Shit!" Cookie exclaimed as she slid her high heel on with one hand, while grabbing her purse with the other one. It was currently 8:15am...She was late. Speeding out of her bedroom and standing at the bottom of the staircase she called out for her child.

 Speeding out of her bedroom and standing at the bottom of the staircase she called out for her child

"Lyric!" She called, soon after she heard footsteps. "Here I come mama" She said putting on her Vera Bradley backpack as she came downstairs. Cookie scanned her daughter from her hair down to her shoes, to make sure her uniform was in tact. "Let's go" At times it scared cookie how much Lyric looked like her father. From his skin complexion to his green eyes.

As Lyric made her way to the garage, Cookie set the alarm and made sure that the doors were locked before following her daughter outside. Lyric needed to be at school by 8:30, Cookie had a meeting with her client at 9:00. And here it was going on 8:25. She started driving to her daughters school a little faster than usual.

"Mommy?" She heard her child say from the backseat, making her turn down the radio. "Yes?"

"Where's daddy?" She asked.

'I don't even know' Cookie said in her head

"He's working pumpkin"

"He's always working" Lyric said lowering her head. It wasn't long before she heard her sniffling.

"Don't cry...you're gonna make mommy cry" Cookie said feeling her chest tighten up. It pained her to see and hear her daughter crying. Especially over him.

"Daddy's never home"

"He comes home baby. He leaves before you wake up.. and comes home when you're sleeping. But Mommy promises that you'll see him today okay?" Cookie said as she pulled up in front of her school. Westbrook prep.

"Okay" She said before nodding her head. She took her seatbelt off and leaned up to kiss her mothers cheek. "Bye mom, see ya" Lyric said opening the back door to get out.

"Bye. I love you" Cookie said before driving off after making sure her daughter was inside the school.

Her phone rang and the number popped up on the Bluetooth screen, It was her client. She looked at the time and saw that she still had 15 minutes. She wasn't late yet but she still answered anyways.

"Cookie Lyon" She answered.

"Hey Mrs. Lyon, sorry for such late notice but I won't be able to make it to our meeting today. Can we possibly schedule for tomorrow?" She heard Mr. Adams (her client) ask,

"Yes absolutely! Not a problem. Same time, My office"

"Okay see you then. Thanks" He said before hanging up.

She was on her way to find her husband now. She had empty rime on her hands for at least another hour. She made her way over to Lucious' bestfriends house, Meek. She parked her truck and hopped out. She said a silent prayer for god to protect her husband from the ass whooping he was about to receive.

Cookie's POV ~

I tapped my leg as I waited for the front door to open after I rang the doorbell. I heard footsteps approaching and I took a deep breath. The locks started turning and before I knew it I was face to face with my husbands bestfriend of 14 years. Rihmeek. Aka Meek.

"Oh shit.." Meek said looking over his shoulder back into the house. "Wassup cooks"

"Hi. Lucious didn't come home last night. Is he here?" I asked Impatiently.

"Yeah. Um come in" He said stepping aside letting me in. Immediately I was annoyed by the sight in front of me. All across the living room was Empty liquor bottles , Cigar packets , Boxers , Thongs and Shot glasses everywhere. "You can sit" Meek said as he walked upstairs. I frowned my face because he tried it. I am not sitting on this couch not knowing what was on it.

Soon enough my husband was coming down the stairs in his basketball shorts and a wife beater. I could tell the both of them had just woken up. I folded my arms across my chest and looked at up at him. "Cook, what you doing here?" He asked.

 "Cook, what you doing here?" He asked

"You didn't come home last night. Lyric has been asking for you."

Instead of saying anything in response he just sat down on the couch and scratched his head. I took this as my chance to keep talking. "She cried for you this morning Lucious. She hasn't seen you in a week. I don't care if you spend time with me...but you WILL spend time with her"

"I hear you. But I've been busy cook"

"For a week!? Lyric always comes first regardle..." I stopped myself and shook my head. "Be home for dinner tonight" I said turning around to walk out.

"Who's at the door?" I heard a female ask making me quickly turn around. My eyes came in contact with this female who was coming downstairs in big T-shirt. I glared at my husband fighting my tears not letting them fall. I took one more glance at the girl before turning around and opening the front door to walk out.

"Cookie" I felt my Lucious try and grab me but I turned around and slapped his face as hard as I could, before storming out of the house