How Can I Believe You?

I can't believe what she just said. Did she just admit that she is the mole? Did she lie about all of this? My feeling toward her is just a lie? The way she treats me? The way she talks to me is it all a lie? I can't wrap my head around what she just said. I take a step back. I let go of her hands.

"What do you mean? All of this just an act? But I trust you. I...I actually love you" I said a little speechless.

"Steve! Steve! Please could you just please, I'm begging you to listen to my explanation" she said begging.

"What could be an explanation for all of this? You clearly played with my feelings just to get extra information."

"Steve, I love you! And I have been blackmailed by HYDRA!" she shout that out.

"How can I trust you?"

"You have resources looked it up. My sister has a daughter in the foster system and they threaten to kill her and I couldn't just let them kill her. My sister trusts me to keep an eye on her. Keep an eye on what kind of family she ends up with, her safety, her education, and everything else. If you don't trust me look it up. Her name is Ida Joanna Laughlin. My sister uses my mom maiden name." she explains more.

I tell agents to looked it up and tell me the result. I can see the way she told me about everything is true. But at this point I can't trust her. Even if her story checks out, who can truly know what they are planning. We can't predict what is in their mind, what they are using Nia for, and what Nia is looking for from me.

"Tell me more." I said briefly.

"HYDRA reaches out to me when I started to get close to you maybe at the night you give me a ride home for the first time. They contact me through text. They give me an encrypted phone in my mail, the threat letter, a copy of Ida's birth certificate, Ida's photos, and my photos. They said I need to tell them everything that you tell me, everything or Ida die. They also said someone is watching so if I try to do anything stupid I couldn't run away." She said explain everything.

"But you gave them false information? Why?" I remember that Natasha said all the information they have is fake, the detail of the event is different.

"I try to fake it, the smallest detail that I know they won't notice but important enough so they can't use it against you, but I think they found out. I think the shooting is meant for me. Ida could be already dead by now."

"How did you know it was for you?"

"Few days when you were away before that shooting someone broke into my apartment. They didn't take anything and didn't even break any locks. I knew because I notice some things have been moved in my apartment. And also someone has been following me I think. There is a guy I always see him in the diner, the bar, and park; it's like he is wherever I am"

"Why didn't you talk about any of these to me?" I asked her because she knows my phone number. It's old but she can call me and tell me about it.

"I really don't want to make you worry and any words from Ida? Please tell me she is okay." She notices the agents are back with a file in their hands.

"The good news is your story checks out and Ida is not dead. The bad news is Ida is missing. Don't jump into any conclusion she might be still alive." I know she is going to think Ida is dead but there is still hope that Ida is okay.

"I guess you are not going to let me help you find her do you?"

"Nope. You are staying here and let us do our job. I will find Ida for you and after all of this over you still need to take you consequences. And no I still can't trust you" I say that before she can say any word and left.

I tell Natasha all about it. The first thing in our priority is finding Ida. If Ida in fact kidnapped by HYDRA, Nia is telling the truth. If she just randomly missing, it is just too big of coincidence. I really want Nia's story and what she saying is true. Finding Ida and finding the shooter at the diner might confirm it.

*Sorry this part take a long time to publish :)