Information

Clementine

Clementine stretched her tired body as she relaxed on an empty couch. The evening was cool and work was slow so she felt she could relax for sometime. Her eyes started to wander over the area, until it found the sheer curtains where Sam usually sits. She suddenly felt disappointed when she didn't see his silhouette she felt let down some how. Her eyes went to the bar area and widened when she saw the guy named Rod and was reminded of her ultimate goal in life: find out what happened to her dad. This guy, Rod, could be connected in some way. She gets up slowly and makes sure to put a sweet smile as she walks over to him slowly. His eyes fall from the girl he was talking to and onto her.

Got you.

She thought mischievously as she walked in between them.

"Sorry, could I speak to Rod?" She asks the girl with extremely curly brown hair and sweet brown eyes. The girl smiles and nods flicking her eyes from Rod to Clementine. Clementine sits down and crosses her legs showing the smooth skin of her thighs. Rod gave an almost audible gulp as his face started to heat up slightly.

"Y-you needed me?"

"Yea, I just wanted to ask something um... personal." Her lips pursed as she batted her eye lashes in the most cartoon way. It sounds funny, but it worked. Rod straightened up with hearts practically beaming in his eyes and a huge goofy smile on his face.

"Yea! Ask me anything!"

"Was your... father in the marines?" The question sat in the air like a stone on the edge of a cliff as Rod answered with uncertainty.

"...yes? Why?" Rods heart shaped eyes turned into caution signs and Clementine knew her facade wouldn't trick him any more.

"I... my father was in the Marines and I don't know what happened to him. He had these two guys he was close with and one of their names was Derimont..." Clementine's heart beat so fast that she was certain everyone in the club could here it's rhythmic beat. Rod stares at her with an unreadable expression and this terrified her. For the first time in her life she didn't feel in control. She was in her most vulnerable state and this guy had the power over her in this moment.

"You know, you're an idiot for telling someone you barely know all of this." The words cut her like a knife. She had made a mistake. She shouldn't have told him! Shouldn't have opened herself up to someone she barely knows! She should have kept her mouth shut and figured it all out by herself like she has done since she was-

"But, you're lucky I understand what you're going through. I'll help you out. We can go whenever you are ready." Clementines thoughts stopped all at once. Did this truly happen or was she dreaming?

"Really?" She says, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Yea! I don't mind."

"But...you don't know me! I could be lying! I could- I could-"

"But you aren't lying. I can tell." He says with a certain trust that Clementine has never encountered. Excitement overcame her as the idea of figuring out what she's been searching for her entire life spreads across her mind. Out of this happiness, she hugs Rod tightly and with sincere and true feelings, she says thank you. Rod smiles and tells her it's nothing. Although she was an attractive girl he felt as if he should protect her like family for some reason. It was his pleasure to help, even if he barely knew her.