X

I assume this is where I must have some sort of turning point.

That's how all stories go, correct?

I have an epiphany, and realize that the only one causing my pain is myself, and I sorrowfully fall to my knees to you. I cry your name like a child calling for their mother, and ask for your comfort.

Though that's not the case.

Like starlight, you're too far away. I'd be foolish to expect your comfort. All of my frustration and fear is set in stone, and nothing is capable of erasing that.

Like starlight, I have my entire life to ponder beneath you and accept the fact that you will always be there. Time goes by, yet I still struggle to embrace you like others.

Everything I've said is truth to my ears, yet a lie to others.

Isn't that the same for you?

We believe that you're too far away to truly affect us, yet deep inside we know that you're already here, staring down at us and wondering what have we done with our purpose.

Yes, I beg for you to guide me and direct me into a prosperous ending, yet we all know that I shouldn't ask help from something that is only the result of my triumphs and failures.

I know your name, and you know mine. The only difference is that you silently scream my name into my ears as a mantra, as I avoid your's altogether.

Starlight, I believe I have reached a point of defeat before you. I will not fight a force I can't reach, and I will not cry out to you as if you'd help my lost figure.

You'll never guide me, for you are the result of the path I've taken.

•••