Chapter 7

Chapter 7 ━━ Playing Fire With Fire

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Damon, Bonnie, Kai and Lorna are out in the yard, where Kai is using the Ascendant by looking at the sky with it through a small hole in the device.

"You're wandering around like a crazy man, why?" Damon asks him.

"Looking for the exact right spot. We need to find where the power of the eclipse is focused." Kai answers.

"You know you could have just shown us the Ascendant to begin with." Lorna says to him.

"Yeah, but I wanted to feel her hand on my chest." He gestures at Bo

nnie with a smirk and with an unknown reason, that causes the blonde to feel jealous. Something tells her that he did that to take any emotion out of her. And he succeeded.

Bonnie mutters. "There's something not right about him."

"You're just not used to guys hitting on you." Damon says to Bonnie.

"Or maybe he's flirting with everyone." Lorna's jealousy talks before her.

"You know, I can't wait to get out of here and talk to somebody else." Bonnie says.

"Same. I can't wait to see my boyfriend." Lorna says a little louder for Kai to hear. He does look at her with a jealous expression making her smirk to herself. 

"Can we just have a few lasting seconds of peace while this idiot uses that thing to get the stars to align?" Damon asks.

Bonnie notices one of the paper planes Damon made from newspaper earlier laying on the ground. She picks it up and unfolds it so she can read the article on the page.

"Hey, what's up with the nature walk?" Damon questions.

"I used the Ascendant to figure out where we need to be standing during the eclipse." Kai answers.

"Great. Let's do some magic and get the hell out of here." Damon says.

Bonnie whispers. "Oregon."

"What?" Damon and Lorna ask at the same time.

"I read this paper like a thousand times, and there's something in it about Oregon." Bonnie says.

"What about it?" Lorna asks rather interestingly.

"You know, Kai said he had all these brothers and sisters." Bonnie says.

"Mmhmm." 

Bonnie reads the paper aloud. "Family massacred in Portland. The only one missing was the oldest boy, a 22-year-old named Malachi."

"Who names a kid Malachai?" Kai asks, as if something about the current conversation brings boredom to him. "It's like they expected me to be evil."

"All these kids were murdered!" Bonnie gasps, making the blonde join Bonnie and read the paper.