Chapter 20

Chapter 20 ━━ Sorry, Not Sorry

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Lorna is currently in the Salvatore boarding house celebrating Bonnie's birthday. The house is fully crowded with people and blasting with music. She makes her way through the crowd trying to find Bonnie when a guy turns to her with a smile. 

"Want to dance?"

"I'm actually looking for someone." She answers him and turns to walk away.

"Come on, this is a party. Have fun!" He takes her by the hand and pulls her toward the dance floor. He starts to grind up against her, but she just stands there because she's not in the mood to party. Why can't guys understand when women say something to them nicely?

The guy reaches out to touch her waist, but she stops him.

"Hey. Down, boy."

"Just dancing." He says.

"Look, I really have to go find my friend." She says to him.

"I can't let you go. You're hot." He pulls her toward him and kisses her neck and in immediate action she brings her hand up to his and uses her magic to burn his hand.

"Aah, aah, aah, aah, aah!" He groans in pain and pulls away from her. "What the hell did you do?"

"Can't help it- I'm hot." She says sarcastically and walks past him as he stares at her in shock. She walks to the bar section, sitting down. Closing her eyes, she begins to think about Kai. "Hey." She hears Kai's voice, making her mentally groan.

"If you're sincerely looking for a way to make up for the hell that you put me through, it's not working." She opens her eyes to look at him while arguing with herself if she should walk away or stay and listen to his ramblings.

"Okay." He says.

She reluctantly agrees to stay. "Why are you always around the Salvatores?"

She knows that he's always following around her like a lovesick puppy, not just the Salvatores. 

"Damon seems to be more my type. So...I thought he and I get along." Kai says, who seems thrilled that she's actually talking to him. "Keeping up with the Salvatores with your host Kai Parker."

He laughs at his own joke, only to notice her staring back at him with a blank face. But it doesn't discourage him. "Wanna drink a glass of bourbon?"

"I would rather die of cholera than drinking bourbon with you." She rolls her eyes at him.

"I love birthday parties, you know? And I love this beat. Wanna dance with me?" He reaches her hand, takes it into his hands and places a kiss on it. 

"I don't dance." Lorna starts contemplating her decision about her walking away.