Chapter 8

Chapter 8 ━━ Waiting For You

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Damon, Bonnie and Lorna are strolling in the woods, it's morning and Damon is playing with a stick while whistling.

"You're in a good mood for the first time this decade." Lorna says to Damon, who pokes Bonnie with the stick.

"Stop that." Bonnie glares at him.

Damon grins at Bonnie and answers the blonde. "Because I have a hot date with my girl tonight."

"Yeah, assuming Kai's telling the truth." Bonnie's pace is faster so she's now in front of them as they walk.

"I'm thinking dinner and a movie, you know what? Screw the dinner and a movie. Skip straight to the good part." Damon pokes Bonnie again and she jumps a bit.

"Yeah. And assuming I can do the spell, which I won't know...until I see it." Bonnie says.

Damon walks forward so that now they stand beside each other as Lorna stands next to Bonnie. "Whatever happened to hope, Bon? 'Member when I was all like boo, grr-" 

Bonnie looks over to him. 

Damon uses a high-pitched tone to mimic Bonnie. "-And you were like 'hooray, hooray. We're getting out of here!'?"

"Look, I want to go home more than anything but Kai's a sociopath, who's to say he won't screw us over?" Bonnie asks.

"Me, I say, because I will kill Kai and anyone-" Damon does a playful jumping stance with the stick. "-who comes in the way of me going home."

Lorna rolls her eyes at his unsuccessful attempt.

Kai appears out of nowhere carrying an axe. "I heard my name. All good I hope." 

He also has the Ascendant in his hand and he uses it as he looks up and blocks the sun from his face with it. "The eclipse will happen directly overhead." Kai looks at them, who are shooting him glares. "In perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation." He looks toward Damon, who looks right back, angrily. "You need to dig into the tunnels below us."

"Why?" Lorna asks.

Kai pauses for a second and speaks to the blonde slowly as if she is a young child. "Have you never portal-jumped through an eclipse before?"

When they don't look amused, he takes a step forward. 

"Okay look, the light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the Ascendant, you spout a little witchy woo and then poof!" He gestures an explosion with his hands, Bonnie raises her eyebrows. "Anyone standing in the circle of light holding the Ascendant goes home."

"By 'witchy woo', I assume you mean the spell?" Lorna asks him.

"Uh-huh." Kai grins.

"Let me see it." Bonnie requests.

Kai pauses. "When the time comes." He steps forward and pushes past them.

"Where are you going?" Damon asks.

"Into town, I need to... gather some important supplies." Kai turns, whistling like Damon before leaving. 

Damon picks up the axe that Kai had sunk into the ground, he takes an incredulous look at both the sticks, an axe in his hand before tossing the stick.

They raise their eyebrows before Damon raises the axe and attacks the ground with it.

Damon now has dug up the ground, and he's standing in the place he'd dug up. Damon continues attacking the inside of the hole with the axe, while the girls are sitting on the dirt from the ground.

"Hey." Bonnie speaks up and Damon stops. "You know there's a very probable chance you're digging your own grave, and... not bothered?" 

Damon attacks the ground, ignoring Bonnie and finally, an opening appears down there. "Ha."

Kai appears, coming from the woods with a backpack. "Looks like I got back just in time."

Kai nearly sets down his backpack when Damon zooms forward and snatches the pack, he tears it open. And begins reading what's inside.

"Zima, grunge, every Alex Rodriguez rookie card known to man, and a pager. Really?" Damon drops the bag on the ground.

"555-Hiya-Kai, no way I'm giving those digits up." Kai shrugs.

"These are the important supplies you needed to get?" Damon asks whilst Bonnie is suspiciously watching the two from the dirt she's sitting on as Lorna looks at them with a boring expression.

"Look. The future sounds great, all right? I'm super excited about the Internet, but 1994 has been my home for most of my life. I'd hate to get homesick. So let's get down there-" Kai starts but Bonnie cuts him off.

"No." She walks forward, pushing Damon out of the way, who attempted to stop her. "We are not going anywhere, until you show me the spell."

"Okay." Kai stands still, basically saying that they aren't going.

"Are we literally not going anywhere?" Damon questions.

"Fine, you don't want to show me the spell? Then you can do it yourself." Bonnie suggests.

Kai smiles, suspiciously.

"You... want my magic." She holds out her arm. "Take it."

"Bonnie?" Lorna calls out her name warningly. "You can't just give him your magic!"

Kai to Damon and the blonde. "Uh-oh, she's being brave."

"I'm serious Kai! This was your big threat, wasn't it? If I do the spell and let us out of here, you'll just take my magic, leave me for dead, and do the spell yourself. So go ahead. Take all of it." Bonnie says whilst Damon looks worried and Lorna is panicking inside as Kai looks down at the black skinned witch.

"Don't mind if I do." He slaps both hands on her shoulders and she yelps in pain, nearly going limp in his arms.

"Bonnie?" Damon calls out this time.

"It's okay, he won't kill me." Bonnie tries to assure him and Lorna stares at her wondering if she has gone crazy.

"Doesn't look like that from here." Damon says.

Bonnie grunts in pain again. "OW."

"Hey! Bonnie." Lorna panics. "Kai, if you hurt her, I will destroy the Ascendant, making us trap in this hell forever."

Bonnie's face contorts with pain.

"Whoa, hey, guys. STOP." Damon says making Kai releases Bonnie with a mischievous smile. 

Bonnie, regaining her composure, realises something. "He doesn't know the spell. Which means, we don't need him."

She raises her hand. "Motus."

The axe Damon was using to attack the ground soars through the air, before burying itself into Kai's chest, whose eyes widen as he falls on his back.

Lorna's eyes widen as her heart drops. He's dead. She tries to control her emotions as she looks at his dead body.

"NO! No! BONNIE!" Damon yells. After a while, he taps her bare shoulder with an impressed look. He sarcastically says "Great work, Bonnie."

They notice Lorna and exchange a look before Bonnie hugs her. "Hey, forget about him. He's better dead." 

"I know." Lorna nods before she hugs her back.

"Stefan is waiting for you. Think about him, not Kai." Bonnie says to the blonde and rubs her back.