CHAPTER: 13

"Just hold my hand..."

**********

D A I S Y  P O V

I wake up and look around my room, I get out of bed and enter my bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. I look down and sigh with disappointment. I wasn't able to overcome my fear of driving, I thought I was ready...

I went downstairs and made myself some coffee, I was sitting in silence

I went downstairs and made myself some coffee, I was sitting in silence. I hear the echos, I can't stop thinking about it... Why can't I get through this. I take out my phone and see that my uncle will be coming back tonight, he still doesn't know that I am going through this again. I don't think I'll be able to tell him, he is already going through too much stress from work, I wouldn't want to pile it on. My phone then rings letting me know that Henry is calling me, I answer the phone.

"Hey..." I say with sadness, "I'm outside your house..." he says as I hang up and locked the house, entering his car with a frown. He smiles with worry and kisses me on the cheek, greeting me 'good morning.' We arrived at the building and parks his car at his spot, he turns off the engine and looks at me. "I'm sorry it didn't work out..." Henry said holding my hand as I look straight down. My vision started to get blurry from the tears increasing, then finally breaking down my cheeks as I started to cry. "Come here..." he whispers as he gently brings me into his arms and comforting me.

Once I got myself together, I smiled at him letting know that I feel better. We got out of the car and started to walk to the building while Henry's arms were laid on my back. "My uncle will be arriving tonight, so I can't go to dinner..." I said as we walk "That's fine, want me to pick him up with you?" he asks as I shook my head informing that Emily will be the one driving. 

K I E R A  P O V

I was getting out of my car as one of my female co-workers walk with me and have a conversation. I wasn't listening half of the time and responding to her with simple hums of agreements, I can't stop thinking about Henry. I just don't understand what is holding him back, he was the guy that would sleep with any beautiful girl, what happened? I was sure we had something, I know I am the one who he will love. Maybe that's why he is rejecting me, he is afraid that I will be 'the one' for him.

I then form a little smile from the thought of that and looked down fully satisfied. I then look up to see Henry from behind, as I was about to call out his name I see that his arm was rubbing a woman's back.

Daisy? Henry's assistant?

I see Henry looking at her with a smile, but that smile is different. Almost like it was genuine...

"How does Henry get hotter?" my co-worker asks me as I respond with an agreement. "Daisy is one lucky girl..." she said as I look at her in confusion. "You haven't heard the rumors? People at the office think the two of them really hit it off. After Daisy started to work with Henry, they've gotten closer to the point where he stopped his sex game... No confirmation though, but the way he acts with Daisy and how he acts with other women, you can tell the difference..." she explains. "Isn't she..." I say but was finished by my co-worker, "18? Yeah, goes to university, rich, beautiful, and most importantly... Young. But I don't think she is the type of girl that would just sleep around, she looks way too innocent. " she says.