CHAPTER: 30

"If you promise to stay, I promise to never leave..."

**********

D A I S Y  P O V

Henry was driving and I was just looking out the window, relaxing to the music

Henry was driving and I was just looking out the window, relaxing to the music. We have been in the car for 2 hours, I forgot how long the drive was. Glancing down, I grab onto Henry's hand and hold it tight. He smiles and kisses my hand, glancing at me with those dark eyes.

"Um... I need to go potty again..." she whimpers while Henry and I chuckle.

"Babe, are you close by a gas station?" I ask, playing with his fingers.

"Just in time..." he responds exiting the freeway.

Henry parks next to a fuel dispenser and I get out of the car. I open the back car door and unbuckle her, gently putting her down.

"Want to just get some lunch at the store?" Henry asks.

"Yeah, we have one more hour anyways, don't really want to go for another stop unless it's a bathroom break..." I respond holding onto her hand.

"What do you want to eat Charlotte?" I ask her looking down as she looks up thinking about it.

"Cookies!" she says all jumpy and we both laugh.

"Cookies isn't lunch, little angel" Henry responds rubbing her little head.

Henry then grabs onto Charlotte's other hand and all three of us walk inside the store. I take Charlotte to the ladies' restroom.

"Mommy?" she asks as I help her wash her hands.

"Yes?" I respond.

"Why are we driving for so long? Where are we going?" she asks while I fix her up.

"Well, we're going to visit Grandpa Danny. You've never met him before, so I thought since it's summer, nows a good time to meet him for the first time..." I explain and she "oh's" in understanding.

Charlotte and I exit the store and as we were walking towards the car Henry was already filling up gas. I put Charlotte's seatbelt and make sure she's geared up. I get inside the car and wait for Henry to finish up.

It's been 6 years since I have been in town. I remember the day Henry and I decided to leave everything, we didn't look back. Although it was kinda tough with Henry transferring his working location and me switching to a new college place. But we were able to cope, I was able to graduate and Henry was able to work from home majority of the time. We were able to get married and have Charlotte who is almost 3 years old.

But there has to be a time where we come back, not just for us but for Charlotte. She needs to meet her Grandpa, it won't end well if I kept him a secret, she would have found out about him one way or another.

"You alright?" Henry asks holding onto my hand.

"Yeah, just a little nervous..." I answer smiling.