8-Faulty Steps

*Frisk's POV*

I was almost at my destination. I smiled to myself as I tapped the knife on my wrist impatiently. Scarlett told me the way, the way to the cliff. Grief had covered my senses and disguised my insanity. Scarlett told me what everyone was saying behind my back.

“Think of it. You can be with me when you die. And you can see your beloved brother.” Scarlett told me.

I nodded and smiled more at the thought of seeing my brother. G's image popped into my head. I shook it away and kept walking. But his image kept popping back up into my mind. The voices drowned out my hearing. I kept walking until the voices were unbearable. I fell to my knees and gripped my head. I screamed so loudly that the voices disappeared. Scarlett floated by me and I saw G.

“Leave me alone, your just a hallucination!” I screamed at him.

He kept walking. I scrambled backwards and realized I was on the cliff. My hand slipped on the edge and my knife fell. I smiled and stood up. Scarlett smiled next to me. I faced G.

“Frisk, please don't jump!” He yelled only twenty feet away.

“Your not real!" I yelled back.

“I am Frisk, I'm sorry." He told me, stepping closer.

He was ten feet away. A tear fell down my cheek.

“No!” I screamed.

I inched backwards. Scarlett began to fade away.

“Look in your pocket, Frisk!” G yelled.

I hesitated and put my hand in my right back pocket. I felt something in there and I pulled it out. It was the pictures G and I took. Tears kept falling. Scarlett's voice began to fade away.

“Frisk, I love ya. I love ya to hell and back. Please, don't leave me.” He said, stepping closer.

Scarlett fully disappeared, I looked at G.

“G?” I said.

I stepped forward, but the ground underneath me began to break away. I began to fall but G caught me. I held on with my one hand.

“G don't let go!” I cried.

My hand began to slip.

“Frisk give me your other hand!” G yelled.

I tried to swing my hand up but I only fell father.

“Frisk, hang on!” G cried.

I sighed and looked up at his face.

5

“G-”

4

“Frisk, you'll be alright!”

3

“G-”

2

“Frisk don't give up!”

1

“G, I won't make it... I love you.”

My hand slipped from his and I fell.

“Frisk!”

My hair whipped across my face. I smiled and a single tear fell. Then I was impaled by a rock.

“FRISK!!!!”

*G's POV ( A few years later)*

“Hey Frisk, flower you today?” I asked.

I set the flower down. I read the stone like I had many times before. Like I had at her funeral.

Frisk Dreemurr

Loyal daughter and a faithful girl, our princess will be dearly missed

19XX-20XX

I sobbed and fell to my knees. The image of Frisk's smiling face flashed by. Tears fell onto the ground as I cried.

“Please, just talk to me.” I cried.

As usual, nothing happened. I got up, the two necklaces around my neck jangled. I dropped my necklace on her gravestone, so she would have a peice of me. I wiped away the tear and walked away from her grave. It was hard to cope... To cope with her death. I had gotten close to her. In the hospital I would visit her everyday. I read her stories, she wouldn't talk back of course. When the doctors told me that they had to take her out of her coma, I broke.

They were gonna kill Frisk. I begged them not to but they insisted, saying how she had been asleep for years and she wouldn't wake up. Two officers held me back as the put the needle in her arm. The heart monitor slowed then then it rang out a long beep. I cried more than I had ever in my life that night. After the next week or so we had the funeral. The Dreemurr family went, even Asriel. Alexis, Frey and Katie also came. I felt like screaming. Say she wasn't truly dead, but I would be telling myself a lie.

Every night I wake up in a cold sweat. My arms reached out to catch her, but she always fell. And the dream always ended. No matter what I tried, she still died. The last words she says always haunts me.

“G, I won't make it... I love you.”

And after that I begin to cry. And I drag myself through the days, always visiting her grave and telling her about all her friends. Somehow, I knew, someone was listening. I knew her spirit still lived on.

I sat in the apartment, staring at the blank screen on the tv. The room was silent and cold. I knew that I couldn't feel anything, but it was like the could was seeking into my bones. There was a knock on the door. I looked got up slowly and opened the door.

“I think this is yours.” She said.

I fell to my knees and held her close, the scar on her stomach, gently brushing against my skull. I cried and she held me.

“Oh G.” She sobbed.

I picked her up and didn't let go of her. I slammed the door behind me and laid her on the couch. Tears ran down her cheeks. I held her close as we cried.

“Please tell me your real.” I cried.

“I am.” She answered.

We held each other for as long as we possibly could.