two.

22 December 2018
09:24:07

she was the epitome of perfect.

from the moment we met on a fine monday three years ago to the moment i had asked her to stay with me for a lifetime, she was very beautiful and had moondust sprinkled on her hair just like an angel.

but we were young.

we were fools, believing that love was something that would satisfy us and feed our stomachs three times a day, give us a nice home to stay in instead of the bills piling up over time.

we believed that love only meant dreaming for each other, being happy for each other, and eventually forgetting about all of our own dreams that we once used to live for.

now all i had for her was neglect- neglect that she was able to bring us everything we needed, neglect that she had succeeded to play the role she had always wanted to play. her dreams were already in the palm of her hands.

while i, on the other hand, stayed silent and did nothing but rely on her. i couldn't stand up and do something for myself and my dreams were too out of reach. i was too hopeless. she had the luxury to call herself successful, while i always stood in one corner because i didn't.

maybe if i had the chance to try again and go for what really brought me happiness, i would choose whatever path it was that i had to take.

even if it meant losing her.