eighteen.

21 August 2019
15:20:57

i do not have anything but only a few of the most vivid and impulsively captivating details of the woman that i once loved.

there was once a woman who filled my soul with the beauty of the sunsets at dusk, her smile spreading on her lips like the rays of the sun at eight in the morning. her scent was like the old pages of a worn book hidden inside a wooden cabinet, and the sounds that she made when i took care of her— something beautiful and ethereal, but only i knew.

the nostalgic feeling of her skin against mine hit me like a truck, and now i felt like i'm falling into the dark void of emptiness once again, like i did a few months ago. i did not know the process of how i moved on from the death of the love that drove me to sanity and insanity at the same time, but despite the amount of time that had passed, a part of me still wished that i could be with her again.

when i had heard the news about her being appointed as the new director of the company that she raised by herself, i was more than proud. maybe if she had not left me, then things would probably turn out differently. if we held on to us, what could have possibly happened?

haerin— she was my morning glow, my evening sky, my winter storm, and my summer rain— she was all the wonders that i saw in a museum, the gems that attached to the silver and gold chains inside a jewelry box, the red wine that dripped on my veins— so beautiful, yet intoxicating.

but it was all in the past. i was now living a life that had led me to a different direction— a better one, but if i had the chance to go back to the way haerin and i used to be, i would grab each chance to tell her how beautiful she looked in the morning or how cute he looked wearing only my shirts. i would never forget to compliment the flavors that danced in every food that she made for me. maybe take her to vacations on her day off, or visit grandma during fridays like we used to.

maybe i'd be a better husband to her for as long as i could— something i should not have given her only for seven days.

fin.

seven days is finally over !! thank you so much for reading and supporting seven days. i really am both grateful and happy to have written this book !!

wooseok and haerin may not be bound for each other, but they were bound to chase after their own dreams and be happy on their own— maybe eventually find the love that they deserve, but what's important is that they have both found reasons to move forward, even without one of them beside another.

not everything is bound to end the way we want it
to. among all the endings that there could be, there will always be something better for you out there—
something that you would least expect, but it would be a happier ending for you than what you think.